“out of date....too expensive for what they offer....”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Bistrot

Le Bistrot
Ranked #289 of 978 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Panama City, Panama
“out of date....too expensive for what they offer....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

It was a long time since I had eaten in this place in the past (1999). It was amazing for me to go back and find the same carpets, same chairs....same everything...in the same place.......this place is a gourmet retaurant that used to be one of Panama´s finest restaurants. The place now looks very old and not well mantained. The food quaity is not the best as the prices are very high. Not planning to go back in a long time.

• Visited July 2012

Panama City, Panama
“Great Seafood and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've been going to this place for the last 7 years and am finally writting the review I should have done long ago. LeBistrot is not the latest trendy restaurant in Panama City, but a long time favorate of mostly older locals and expats. The staff makes one feel at home and the seafood is fresh and simply prepared. Lively bar after work on Fridays with good drinks.

• Visited August 2012
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Have been here many times and never have had a bad meal or the steaks.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have always been very happy here with the seafood, especially the fresh fish. Everything has been cooked to perfection. My Panamanian friends first brought me here and I ask to go back, whenever we can. The fried calamari is also very good. Just ask what fish is fresh and go with it. The wine list could be better, but I am not complaining. If you don't like a meal here, you should continue to eat at Wendy's. And for the common fool who was too cheap to tip the waiters, because he didn't like the food. You should stay eating at fast food places, because you don't get it.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank philly099
Panama City, Panama
“Excellent dinner for our anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

We were trying to choose one of the many new restaurants to celebrate our 30th anniversary; but, finally, we decided to go to one of our favorites where we have celebrated many occasion through our marriage. I'm glad we choose Le Bistrot because everything was excellent. I ordered a lobster with curry and coconut, it was awesome. I really consider this one of the best places to eat a good lobster in Panama. For starters we had escargots, beef carpaccio and grilled octopus each one was good. Besides the lobster, the other entrees were also very good. We left very satisfied and prices were reasonable. I feel comfortable recommending this place to all.

Panama City, Panama
“Best Steak House in Panama”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

A restaurant that both my wife and I, as well as friends, have enjoyed over the last 2 years. Have lived in Panama for 6 years, its' only an 8 minute walk - don't know how I missed it. Great and Very Friendly Service - some of the staff have been there for over 20 years! Extensive wine list - wines from all over the world - reasonably priced. Very comfortable seating - classy atmosphere with subdued soft lighting. Live talented musician friday and saturday nights - a new musician almost every weekend. Rarely any children. Great bar with Tuesday & Thursday always very busy with local gringos - like me. Good menu selection - My Panamanian wife loves the langostina, shrimp and corvina. The same always for me - 12 oz. filet - I am not crazy about mushrooms - so I appreciate a really rare steak smothered in fried onions and lots of chopped fresh garlic - to die for! Just keep going back. Open from 11- 11 - same menu all day.

great service, very reasoable