“Have been here many times and never have had a bad meal or the steaks.”
Review of Le Bistrot

Le Bistrot
Ranked #542 of 1,094 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have always been very happy here with the seafood, especially the fresh fish. Everything has been cooked to perfection. My Panamanian friends first brought me here and I ask to go back, whenever we can. The fried calamari is also very good. Just ask what fish is fresh and go with it. The wine list could be better, but I am not complaining. If you don't like a meal here, you should continue to eat at Wendy's. And for the common fool who was too cheap to tip the waiters, because he didn't like the food. You should stay eating at fast food places, because you don't get it.

1  Thank philly099

Reviewed March 21, 2012

We were trying to choose one of the many new restaurants to celebrate our 30th anniversary; but, finally, we decided to go to one of our favorites where we have celebrated many occasion through our marriage. I'm glad we choose Le Bistrot because everything was excellent. I ordered a lobster with curry and coconut, it was awesome. I really consider this one of the best places to eat a good lobster in Panama. For starters we had escargots, beef carpaccio and grilled octopus each one was good. Besides the lobster, the other entrees were also very good. We left very satisfied and prices were reasonable. I feel comfortable recommending this place to all.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

A restaurant that both my wife and I, as well as friends, have enjoyed over the last 2 years. Have lived in Panama for 6 years, its' only an 8 minute walk - don't know how I missed it. Great and Very Friendly Service - some of the staff have been there for over 20 years! Extensive wine list - wines from all over the world - reasonably priced. Very comfortable seating - classy atmosphere with subdued soft lighting. Live talented musician friday and saturday nights - a new musician almost every weekend. Rarely any children. Great bar with Tuesday & Thursday always very busy with local gringos - like me. Good menu selection - My Panamanian wife loves the langostina, shrimp and corvina. The same always for me - 12 oz. filet - I am not crazy about mushrooms - so I appreciate a really rare steak smothered in fried onions and lots of chopped fresh garlic - to die for! Just keep going back. Open from 11- 11 - same menu all day.

great service, very reasoable

Reviewed December 27, 2011

we ended up there because a friend suggested it.
cery bad food! the octopus was not fresh, the "chef" heated up something cooked days before, the squid was awFul, covered in chese cream. everything was very bad, poor wine list and we payed a lot of money after leaving everything in the plate. also the waiters were pressing, always standing in front of us and at the end,nthey alsoasked for the tip. i told them to ask the "chef" for the tip, because the food was a rip off.
really a bad experience. the place looks like an 80 pimp club...
we'll never go back, fortunately.

1  Thank unaquestionediali
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is our second visit in a year to this restaurant and has been excellent both times. The staff is very attentive, although do not speak very much English. We had a variety of foods from Pork Stroganof to Covina (fish) grilled with garlic and, of course, lobster. Very reasonably priced for such a very nice restaurant - from $10-25. As it was my birthday, they served us tres leches cake with a condle (at least they didn't try to start a fire with all the candles I needed!) It is located upstairs in a strip center, about half a block from the Four Points Sheraton.