“overnight stay and airport transfer”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of B&B Casa Margarita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City
B&B Casa Margarita
Ranked #11 of 84 Panama City B&B and Inns
Farallon, Panama
“overnight stay and airport transfer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

our tour guide Alejandro Campo recommended this hostel. We needed a place to stay overnight for airport transfer. We were pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff. They went out of their way to make us comfortable. I thought the price ($70/night) was reasonable and it includes breakfast. free 3g wifi, excellent air conditioning. I will definitely stay with them again. The airport was 15 min away from this location. Breakfast is served in the outdoor terrace which overlooks a beautiful well kept garden.

2 Thank airgbach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Utila, Honduras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

This B&B is a gem, very clean rooms with all mod-cons, nice big garden, good breakfast and located in a safe area next to a beautiful public park. But was really makes this place great is the host venezuelan family who can't do enough for you, particularly their son Andreas (who speaks english as well). The only slight downside (and it is minimal) is that there aren't any many good eateries in the locality.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank mickyw78
Vero Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

Very accomodating staff, comforatable rooms, delicious breakfast. We appreciated the services of driver Jose Alejandro Castro, who speaks good English.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank leh4320
Lawrence, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

My spouse and I stayed here for two nights, on the last part of our trip to Panama. We had begun and then ended in Panama City. This B&B, in the heart of the city, was very clean, very quiet, very pleasant and very accommodating! The room with bathroom was spotless, the t.v. worked well, the air conditioning was some of the best in Panama and the wi-fi worked well everywhere on the property.
The best part were the owners and their staff. Margarita and her husband Donato, Andres, and Liz, were absolutely charming, kind, helpful, Also, their daughter, Ida, who did all of the e-mailing to me before our visit was very helpful and she doesn't even live in Panama City! She connected me with the Taxi Driver--who actually had a great SUV in good condition--Edgar. She even helped me arrange to have him pick us up on arrival when we weren't staying at her B&B on arrival. Amazing.
Her mother, Margarita, speaks limited English but has a smile the size of the panama canal and a heart as big as gold in weight, you can tell by looking at her. She made the best breakfasts for us. They advertise a continental breakfast--but, that is not true, they give you that plus a hot breakfast cooked to your liking. Our second morning my husband had eggs which they cooked to his desire.
I just cannot say enough about the graciousness, kindness, hospitality, and helpfulness of the family and staff. Liz and Andres deserve medals for their smiles and their attempt to communicate and be helpful. Margarita and Donato were funny and helpful even though we had communication problems. She had such a sense of humor, on our morning of departure when we asked to take pictures of her in her kitchen, which smelled delicious as she was preparing something for lunch or dinner, she said "if you'd stayed longer I would have served you Spaghetti" in broken English with the help of Andres--(her husband is Italian-thus, the spaghetti reference). She had such a twinkle in her eyes...I trusted her and wanted to hug her like a daughter hugs her mother. If you are not looking for the Ritz or the Fairmont and want clean, very affordable, lodgings and service this is the place. If I ever return to Panama, I will stay here if it is still available! Thanks to all of you at Hostal Casa Margarita!!
Tip: take a printout of the website in Spanish (for directions to the B&B) for the cab drivers!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tkopsa
BBMargarita, Public Relations Manager at B&B Casa Margarita, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Oh my Goodness!!!! Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart and on behalf of my Mom, Dad and my brother Gianni.
My mom loves making people happy and everyone that has a chance to meet her, knows that she gives it all from the get go. Thank you again!!!!!
God bless!!!!!

Ida Buttarazzi
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

I stayed at Casa Margarita for two stints during my trip to Panama - the first few nights as a solo female traveler and the last few nights with my fiance. The staff here is very friendly and the taxi driver Alejandro was such an asset - his services definitely made our trip more colorful and dynamic. The rooms are VERY clean and comfortable - as a budget traveler it was such a bonus to have a nice television with cable! And the breakfast was amazing! We had our choice of coffee, fruit juices, fresh fruit, eggs, bread, sweet breads, pancakes, etc. And the patio area where breakfast is served is so peaceful and relaxing. In addition, there were a few self-imposed hiccups with my itinerary as well as my fiance's yet the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. I also felt very safe here. Oh, and the wi-fi worked great too! I loved this place and would definitely return!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emily_Meridian
BBMargarita, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Casa Margarita, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Thank you so much for the kind words about my parents B&B.
They both work really hard and they love to please people. Often is difficult to make everybody happy but they try every day. It means a lot to both my brother and me to see my parents succeed.
As you all know they are certainly not a young couple, but 2 people that at a much later time in their life took a risk, invested their life savings and opened Hostal Casa Margarita with hard work and lots of love.
Our place is nothing fancy, but we strive to provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment and experience to all that come to stay with us. Thank you again and God bless!!!!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

I am very lucky that I have chosen this B&B. It was a great experience and the price. First, our room was extremely clean and spacious. Our spanish was very poor, but there was always someone to help us out and everyone knew enough to help us out. The hotel has big outdoor area for breakfast that is facing a music/dance group - one morning we enjoyed listening to children singing and dancing. Margarita and the rest of the staff were so helpful and accommodating to us, that no mater when and what we asked for, everyone would just drop everything they are doing and make sure we got everything we need. Everyone was extremely friendly and nice. Even the rest of the hotel guest who stayed there became our friends. For breakfast - the food is not displayed because of the heat, but of you just ask, you will get the best scrambled eggs, really tasty flat bread, yogurt and really good fresh fruit.
I am a runner, I really enjoyed that the hotel is only 2min walk away from the Omar Park. Everyone should she it, it is small, but I dare to compare it to the Central Park of NYC. It has 3.5km running/walking trail but is has really challenging hills, it goes in a circle - so if you wish run two of them. It is very safe and packed with local people mostly walking through it. There is also plenty of security just in case you need something. One morning I saw people meditating there as well. It also has fruit/vegetable market and something to eat.
Just one advice - hotel is very hard to find for the taxi drivers, but if you just say - San Francisco, Park Omar, Calle 74 Este, and then give the address listed here, you will have no problem finding a place. It is a small hotel, but a wonderful one!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

It is the perfect place if you want something quiet and peaceful. The room was better than I had expected because it was large and very clean. Equipped with a tv, airconditioning, bathroom, I felt at home in my room and it was also very spacious. Definitely worth the cost. Margarita, her husband and the receptionist made me feel like family. The breakfast was perfect and the effort that the staff went through to make me feel at home was so appreciated. Laying down in the hammock at the back reading a book on a hot day was amazing. My favourite had to be Edgar, the taxi driver. He went out of his way to help me settle in and he speaks incredible English and Spanish and made staying here even better.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple