“TripAdvisor reviewers got it right”
Review of Toscana Inn Hotel

Toscana Inn Hotel
Ranked #14 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
Escondido, California
“TripAdvisor reviewers got it right”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Chose the Toscana inn Hotel in Panama City, Panama based on the reviews on TrapAdvisor. I was not disappointed. It is a nice very clean, friendly, safe, and a great location, just as stated by the reviewers.
I was there for nine days, all the staff that I encountered were friendly and helpful. One of the staff a bell person, Jose Eligio make my trip for me. He was so helpful in lining up tours and answering my hundred and one questions of where to eat where to see Etc. Jose found me a driver and car and took me off the beaten path to places I would never found on my own.
If I were to go back to Panama this would be my only choice. I am a walker and I went out during the day and evening and never felt in harms way.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Don M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Czech first
play del rey, ca
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is a first class hotel and outstanding bargain. Just stayed here and highly recommend it. Price includes a good breakfast, plenty of reading material ion loby, rooms updated and well appointed, free pc use in lobby - they do a great job

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank jjkeady
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel's motto is "calor de hogar lejos de su hogar", which means "The warmth of home far from home.". That description aptly fits the Toscana Inn. The beds are so comfortable. The room is large with lots of places to put suitcases. It has a refrigerator, hair dryer and iron. It even had a scale, which helped with weighing our suitcases to ensure that they were under 50 pounds when we departed. The buffet breakfast, included in the price, is in a bright dining room with lots of options, including a variety of fresh fruits. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is located close to lots of restaurants in the El Cangrejo section of the city.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Scullyster
england
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights for a short city break. The bedroom and bathroom were spotless, the bed very comfortable with a cosy duvet, toiletries that were replenished every day, everything electrical worked and a reasonable choice of breakfast items with different items changed every day (e.g. porridge, pancakes, different fresh fruit juices)

Staff were really helpful

Good restaurants nearby and within walking distance of the main promenade that leads to the old town

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jkw1959
High River
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a week and were very comfortable. The beds and linens are more like you find in a 4 star hotel. The food in the restaurant was very good. The staff was excellent. A bonus was the top floor terrace which we enjoyed every evening. The area around the hotel seems very safe and there are lots of good restaurants available. Should we return to Panama City we would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed at the Toscana our first night in Panama City----- left the city for a few days--then returned to stay at the Toscana for three more nights. On our first stay, I opened the room darkening curtains to find that our room was facing a claustrophobic wall. I am a "window" person, so I requested a room with a view for our second stay. We were not disappointed. Our second room on the 5th floor had a nice view of the city. The beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows. Most channels on the TV were in Spanish with the exception of CNN which was in English. There is room service, but I didn't use it. Wifi worked well. There are two computers for use in the lobby. Sixth floor garden patio was nice but only had a few hard concrete benches. An early riser, I sat there reading until breakfast started at 6:30 a.m. Would have been better with a few tables and comfortable chairs. Nice view of the city. The bird songs added to the atmosphere of peace.
Back to the room: detest those "anti-theft" clothes hangers. I'm short and it is difficult to get the metal ball back in the hole to hang my clothes! A few inexpensive plastic hangers would have helped. Bathroom had shampoo, lots of towels, etc. The room was very quiet and conducive to sleep except when the bathroom light switch is flipped on. A loud exhaust fan automatically comes on with the light. Light sleepers (including my husband and I) might have a problem remaining asleep during all the racket. The two elevators were fast and quiet. Breakfast was excellent and varied. Entire staff from front desk down to housekeeping and door man were excellent, friendly, and accommodating.
The hotel is close to restaurants (loved the spaghetti Bolognese at Cafe Pomodoro), small shops with souvenirs, groceries and electronics. Within walking distance of a beautiful old church, Nuestra Senora del Carmen under renovation but still open. As another reviewer commented, beware of the sidewalks--at least those within walking distance of the hotel. They are in deplorable condition with cracks, bumps, and gaping holes. Garbage is strewn everywhere. Keep your eyes on the ground to prevent tripping.

Room Tip: If you are a "window" person, make sure you ask for a room with a view.