“Personable, Welcoming, good value, good location”
Review of Toscana Inn Hotel

Toscana Inn Hotel
Ranked #28 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed February 4, 2014

On arrival I was greeted and checked in quickly, given a glass of water, felt comfortable here without any issues. The room with king bed is spacious enough and comfortable. The room lacks plugins for computer etc, and I requested an extension cord twice which I never received so I bought one. The room has wide screen TV, incredible WiFi connection, never had an issue anywhere in the hotel, in room safe, fridge, controlled AC, large writing desk, and easy sitting lounge chair. The bathrooms aren't overly large, but have a good size tile shower but water pressure at times sporatic. Lighting for reading for those with questionable eyesight is difficult with poor lighting for night time reading. The outdoor terrace on the 6th floor is a nice touch to relax, have a morning coffee etc. this terrace is the only smoking area so be aware for those dreaded smokers which fortunately I never encountered. There is no workout area or pool which is a negative.
The morning included buffet breakfast is wonderful and a good start to the day, including fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, a meat, breads etc. Numerous excellent restaurants in area and casino.
The concierge and front door staff are excellent and friendly, very helpful to answer your questions or open the front door, or assist where they can for tours, restaurants etc
The front desk staff were nice but not overly friendly or helpful which surprised me considering this is a tourist hotel.
This is a good base point for exploring the city, sights and sounds. Taxi cabs readily available and reasonable rates.

Room Tip: 6th floor to use the end of the hall terrace
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Donald D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hotel is well located in the city center, although location does not make much difference for those who are in Panama City for tourism, since points of interest, such as the Canal and the shopping malls, are far anyway. But it is good to have a range of good eating options nearby.
As a base to explore Panama City, the hotel is good enough: comfortable and clean rooms, good breakfast and helpful staff, whose suggestions of tour operators worked well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Basileu X
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel twice during a recent visit to Panama. On both occasions we were greeted by their friendly staff and checked in efficiently and quickly. While checking in, a staff member fetched a pitcher of ice water, poured a glass and offered it to me without being asked. Our rooms were large and beautifully appointed. There is a real feeling of luxurious comfort and quality to it's appointments. Plenty of towels and everything works. The hotel knew we were arriving late and made sure to have a bottle of Chardonnay and two glasses waiting for us in our room.
We had to check out early and the staff made sure to wake us on time and had a breakfast and hot coffee waiting for us at 4 AM in the morning. Long before they normally serve breakfast.
The hotel is in a very interesting district, with many fine restaurants and sites. Walking is quite safe after dark. We walked about three blocks after midnight our first evening to a bistro for a late meal. At first we were a little nervous, there were people out but the atmosphere was friendly.
We found this hotel to be an excellent place to base our visit to Panama City. A cab will be fetched quickly for you any time of the day or night and that can take you anywhere you wish to go. The rates are good, rooms excellent and the staff outstanding. When we return, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 18Irene
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I spent two nights there last month and it was a pleasure. The staff was welcoming, the hotel clean, the room comfortable and in a very nice area...El Congrjo. I felt safe even at night.
Breakfast was included with the room and each day was a different selection. I was a bit surprised my last day to be served sautéed chicken wings at 8 AM
I'd stay there again.
If there was one troubling thing it was the Wyndam Hotel at the end of the block. It has a casino and was hooker heaven. Get used to it as prostitution is legal in Panama.
This hotel is close to the business center of the city as well as the old historic district.
The hotel can book a variety of excursions including the canal and the Colon free trade zone for shopping. It seems that every major designer has a store in the city so any desire for upscale shopping can be accommodated.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank TravelingMan804
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I were diverted by another hotel to Toscana Inn after arriving late from California. Needless to say we were not too happy at the prospect, however, the staff at Toscana Inn made up for the problem in a wonderful way. They were extremely accommodating and we got a nice comfortable room, the beds are unusually comfortable, and the room was just fine. We had hoped to have a snack and drinks upon arrival but unfortunately everything was closed by 11 PM and no room service, but that's to be expected for a small hotel like this. Still, they sold us some beverages and brought them to the room. Breakfast in the morning was OK and overall the experience at Toscana was very satisfactory.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2014

You will love this hotel. The rooms are beautifully decorated, maybe a tad small but so nice you don't notice. There is a rooftop area with views of the city that are fabulous. Their breakfast buffet is lovely & the staff is pleasant & eager to serve. There is always someone that can speak English if there is a language problem. I had room service the second time I stayed here & had a bit of a problem because they had just changed to a new menu but it was not in my room so I was trying to order things they no longer offered & the little girl was getting frustrated having to say no to me. Finally the restaurant manager brought a new menu up to my room & all went well after that. The food was delicious & arrived in less than 15 min, a record in my book! All in all this is a beautiful hotel & it was a joy to stay there! Oh by the way the price was excellent as well! They have these big down comforters on the beds that are truly snuggle worthy & the pillows were soft & oversized making my nights sleep divine.

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2014

-- it's got an awkward location, a puzzling design, and slow, bumbling service in the restaurant. The room was big, not as clean as I would have expected, but comfortable. The highlight was José, the bellman, who spoke great English and was extremely helpful. My stay was ok but I would go somewhere else next time.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo