Our flight got in at 1:30 am on our first trip to Panama. Expect to pay 28 dollars for a cab ride to the hotel. When we checked in at the desk (3 am), we were warmly greeted and asked if they could get us juice or soda. I responded what no cerveza?... and sure enough 2 beers with ice followed. Great stay, great people, wi fi, clean and safe, wonderful coffee always available.
Front desk called Ricardo Fisher for us and we booked an afternoon trip to the canal, old city etc...wonderful tour guide. Rey supermarket is within walking distance downtown and fridge in the room. Btw Balboa #1 beer in Panama. All in all wonderful experience.
Around the corner and up the street a little is a quiet little place called Chris named after the owner (Tito) wife who is also the chef. Ask for Jose Luis, who speaks english very well and has a great attitude. Pizza which is cooked on an outside brick oven and menu selections are great.
Our Trip was an eye opening experience. There were instances that we felt we were taken advantage of as Gringos, for example while shopping at Studio F downtown, I realized after the fact that the sales clerk took my Balboas (Panamanian dollars which look like our quarters) and basically overcharged me. Small price to pay for a valuable lesson and the dollar is their currency which is very convenient.. Also, I sincerely doubt that the cost of my boyfriends shave should have been $14 in a country where police officers make 800.00 a month and waiters work 80 hours a week to make 150.00 however the barber did a great job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're traveling to Panama City for business or a vacation getaway, we make all visits to Toscana Inn Hotel comfortable and relaxing with exceptional service, a welcoming staff, and beautifully appointed hotel suites. Perfectly located in Panama City's prestigious El Cangrejo district, Toscana Inn Hotel in Panama offers effortless access to everything you might want to see or do - from the sparkling beach to exclusive shopping, vibrant nightlife, fascinating cultural and historical sites, and more. Rated one of the best hotels in Panama by Trip Advisor, our focus is on the comfort of our guests and the quality and value of our rooms and services. Let Toscana Inn Hotel be your host in Panama City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Toscana Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Toscana Hotel Panama City
- Toscana Inn Hotel Panama/Panama City