We stayed at the Toscana Inn for 3 nights in March. This was our first experience in Panama. We found the hotel thru all the wonderful Trip Advisor reviews. The hotel is exceptionally clean, the rooms are very large and comfortable, and the staff is very friendly. Jose, the night bellman, was very helpful with advice and making sure we knew all about the hotel. Breakfasts (included) were good and coffee and tea were always available. We had dinner here one night and it was very good. The wait staff were eager to please and took great delight in my son's happiness with his chocolate milkshake and ice cream sundae.
There were only a few negatives: 1). The lighting in the rooms could be improved for reading. However, they have a clever system that requires your room key to turn on the lights. This ensures that lights cannot be left on when there is no one in the room. 2). Know what taxi fares should be before getting a taxi at the hotel or you will definitely overpay. For example, the ride to Casco Viejo should cost at most $4-5. Our first day we paid $10. Although our Spanish is extremely weak, we thought the bellman said this was a good fare. Either go to the main street to catch a taxi, or know the fare and negotiate. Subsequent rides were always about 60% of the first price quoted. Whether this was an issue with overcharging tourists or just our poor Spanish, I don't know. Lastly 3) Although the hotel was great, the street is not. There was garbage littering the street, bags thrown everywhere and broken open. It was quite smelly. Not very pleasant when walking to / from restaurants. According to an expat we met, this is a common issue in Panama City. I don't know if this is an issue around more upscale or American chain hotels. It was the only significant downside to this hotel.
All in all, a great hotel, very reasonably priced, but street sanitation could definitely be improved!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're traveling to Panama City for business or a vacation getaway, we make all visits to Toscana Inn Hotel comfortable and relaxing with exceptional service, a welcoming staff, and beautifully appointed hotel suites. Perfectly located in Panama City's prestigious El Cangrejo district, Toscana Inn Hotel in Panama offers effortless access to everything you might want to see or do - from the sparkling beach to exclusive shopping, vibrant nightlife, fascinating cultural and historical sites, and more. Rated one of the best hotels in Panama by Trip Advisor, our focus is on the comfort of our guests and the quality and value of our rooms and services. Let Toscana Inn Hotel be your host in Panama City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Toscana Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Toscana Hotel Panama City
- Toscana Inn Hotel Panama/Panama City