“A Panama City Gem!”
Review of Toscana Inn Hotel

Toscana Inn Hotel
Ranked #24 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at Toscana Inn Hotel for two non-consecutive nights in September 2012 on my way to and from San Andres Island. I chose this hotel as my lodging option in Panama City due to the many postive reviews here on TripAdvisor. Once again, TripAdvisor didn't let me down!

Making a reservation online through the hotel's website was easy. Upon arriving at the hotel, reception was fast, efficient, and bi-lingual, and I settled into my room in less than 10 minutes.

My room featured a HUGE and comfortable bed with great linens, a work desk, a chair with foot rest, and cold air conditioning. In the bathroom, the large walk-in shower had great water pressure and ample hot water, with clean and fluffy towels on the racks nearby. What was especially nice about the room were the many little extras provided, such as a basket under the sink for used towels, a full-size ironing board and iron in the closet, a security safe, and even a scale to weigh yourself! It is important to note that both the room and bathroom were VERY clean throughout.

In the morning, breakfast consisted of stewed meat with peppers and onions, scrambled eggs, various breads and jams, cold cereals with milk, orange juice, yogurt, sliced fruits like watermelon, papaya, and pineapple, whole bananas, and great coffee. Complimentary coffee and tea were also constantly available to guests in the restaurant all day and night.

The hotel is located in a desirable part of Panama City, with the popular Veneto Casino and Habano's Cafe within easy walking distance, and the wonderful La Posta Restaurant a short 15-minute walk away. Other TripAdvisor members have commented that the hotel is in a less-than-desirable location, with barbed-wire noted on adjacent buildings, but never at any time did I feel unsafe staying at the hotel or walking on the adjacent streets nearby.

If you're looking for a clean and comfortable place for your visit to Panama City, Toscana Inn Hotel is for you! I will definitely stay there on any and all future trips to Panama City!

Room Tip: Single men, this hotel is chica friendly. However, you will have to pay a small fee (I was told $19...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank weatherman1974

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the Trip Advisor reviews and the price, and we were not disappointed. The room was spotlessly clean and the beds were very comfortable.
The location is great as you can walk to shopping and restaurants nearby.
The neighbourhood is safe, even at night.
The only downside is that garbage collection doesn't seem to occur often enough -
but don't let that discourage you from staying at a nice hotel with friendly service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank GlobelGirl
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My teenage daughter and I stayed at Toscana Inn for 3 nights in August and were very happy with the hotel and the location. I have seen some reviews suggesting the neighbourhood is sketchy, but we felt very safe walking down the street to restaurants and the casino. The street is darker and narrower than in most American cities, but it's a reasonably busy street with steady pedestrian traffic of pretty normal, everyday type people. Being two women travelling alone, we definitely had our guard up, but never felt any more uneasy than walking through an underground parkade at our local mall. You just need to use common sense. There are lots of little shops and restaurants in the area that are worth the walk. Monolo's down the street, across from the casino has a nice outdoor dining area, and Machu Pichu, which is just around the corner, has some excellent Peruvian cuisine.
The lobby and rooms were very clean and the staff was helpful and courteous. The breakfast was better than the average fare you often get with "free breakfast included" deals. We were treated very well by all the staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Shannon R
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Toscana Inn was smaller than I expected, but had a very elegant lobby. The free breakfast exceeded expectations and included about 8 different types of food. The room was clean and plenty large with a flat screen TV, although it was nothing very special as far as hotel rooms go.

Unfortunately the neighborhood it was located in was a little less than ideal, their were armed guards and barbed wire around all the surrounding buildings and the street was narrow and looked a bit dangerous. We decided not to go out at night on foot and tried to always take a taxi to and from the hotel.

Room Tip: King bed was humongous!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Grant B
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at the Toscana Inn Hotel in the Cangrejo district of Panama City for 4 nights in July and couldn't have been more pleased with our accommodations.
The hotel is located in a wonderful area of the city with easy walking to great restaurants, shops, casinos and friendly neighborhoods.
The hotel itself is staffed with friendly, helpful people who made our stay very pleasant. The food in the restaurant is good and a great place to stop for and excellent cup of coffee and a piece of delicious fresh baked cake in the afternoons. They serve dinner quite late and have room service, as well.
The rooms are beyond comfortable and clean. Plush king beds, attractive decor, flat screen TV, wi-fi and a desk and easy chair. It was very restful, quiet and again, extremely immaculate.
We will definitely stay there on return visits to Panama and highly recommend it.
It is a great value offering many of the comforts of a much more expensive hotel for a bargain!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Lorogris
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I"m not sure if I can add to the many who have already lauded this "boutique" hotel, but having stayed there recently, I find it difficult not to comment. Clean, spotless, sparkling, all come to mind as I think back on my experience. Combine those attributes with service, excellent dining experience, and value pricing, and this is a hard place to beat. Now, just to be clear, we're talking dining compared to other small hotel dining rooms. However, I enjoyed every meal I had, and will be sure to return and order their Pumpkin Soup. The guest can expect, clean comfortable beds, large flat screen TV, Wireless or Ethernet computer service free, and water and coffee provided 24/7. Toscana Inn is located in the busy Via Espana/Bella Vista district, and lends itself to varied dining and shopping within a 1 mile walking radius. Safe walking is as good as one can expect in any metro city. I only found one flaw, if it can be called that, and in reality it's more of a suggestion. The lack of a fitness room is being addressed, and will soon be available. Please add a full length mirror to a wall in the rooms, and thereby remove any negative I found. Now, the final touch is pricing. I find it near impossible to find any hotel in all of Latin America, that provides this level of service and accomodations, at the low price I was billed per day, and that is with breakfast included!! I'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank alguibert
Reviewed July 21, 2012

great stayed with my family in july,I feel like I am at home,

Room Tip: I highly recomend The Toscana Inn.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family