“Little gem - great food & great atmosphere”
Review of Limoncillo Pony Club Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Limoncillo Pony Club Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
London, England
“Little gem - great food & great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Loved this place. Normally we like to go very local in new places, but my boyfriend and I decided to go for something a little more contemporary for one evening during our recent trip to Panama. After we were seated the owner came over and introduced herself and advised us of the specials - she was really friendly and checked on us later in the evening. Menu was excellent and we both had a tough time choosing. He went for a ceviche followed by a lamb dish and I had shrimp and then snapper for my main. Food was really great - fresh and tasty. Lamb was done to perfection and I have to say the snapper was one of the nicest I've had. Desserts were dreamy and the wine excellent. Had really not come to Panama expecting any culinary surprises but we were delighted with this hidden gem recommended by our tour guide. I loved the set-up too. It's a relatively small place, quite intimate but really contemporary and with a great atmosphere. Top marks!

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
“Limoncillo Pony Club”
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Situated on a quiet residential street and close enough to two major streets to grab a cab after dinner.

Food was EXCELLENT! My Grilled chicken with a Chiplotle Corn cake and special BBQ sauce was SO good. Wife's Rosemary stuffed pork loin with Blue cheese potatoes was tasty as well.

For appetizers, the Pirogi's were excellent. The Bunelo (Looked like a croqueta) was disspointing. Tasted like a dry hush puppy.

Wine list was excellent. Reds ruled the day. As we had been out in 95 degree heat, I wanted white but the scant selection had me acquiesing to the wifes demands for a Grand Reserva Malbec. Once again, I was pleaseantly surprised. Great selection for $35.

All in all, my favorite meal so far in Panama city!