All reviews private balcony pork dumplings fusion tapas mia restaurant en provence breakfast was included casco viejo rooftop bar place to stay earplugs noise comfort panamanian amenities city elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2019

We had a delightful dinner on a Monday night at a new restaurant Lola Mia, which is in the La Concordia hotel, and has apparently only been open for a short while. The ambience was dramatic, with innovative lighting, tile and wall arrangements. It was our favorite meal in Panama City since arriving three days earlier. The wine menu contained a wide range of options ranging from $30 to expensive, from which we chose a bottle of Albariňo, a fine Spanish varietal for $32. The food menu is a delightful collection of cuisines with Thai, Korean, and Peruvian flavors. The house Kim Chi (pickled cabbage) was among the best we have experienced experience. I greatly enjoyed my flank steak, which I chose to go with the fried plantains, which came with two dipping sauces. I also enjoyed my samples from my dinner friends of the roast duck served with stir fried vegetables, and what crisply pork dumplings served with Tamarind sauce. For dessert we shared the coconut “raspado,” which was a coconut ice served with three toppings (passion fruit, litchi, and caramelized fructose). Overall, it was a very carefully prepared and presented dinner that I highly recommend. We hope to go back again during our stay.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
LaConcordiaPanama, Director de Recepción at La Concordia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear. EllisRP,

We are really pleased with your splendid experience in our restaurant Lola Mia.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a detailed and nice comment.

We hope to have you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

We ate here tonight. It was a real find. I would say the menu was eclectic. Everything was excellent, from beef skirt steak, pork dumpling, duck and dessert. Reasonable US prices for high quality food

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
LaConcordiaPanama, Propietario at La Concordia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

Dear joyhuber13,

Thank you for you for sharing you review. It is satisfying to hear you found the experience beyond expectations.
We will be truly honored to welcome you soon offering your favorite dishes and many more.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 21, 2019

We spent 5 nights over New Years at the La Concordia. Our corner suite on the second floor was probably one of the nicest, elegant rooms yet. Lovely wrap around balcony with french doors, huge stand alone shower as well and a over sized bathtub with lovely bath salts. The included breakfast was "over the top." Chose anything from their breakfast menu. Juice, coffee, fresh fruit and huge breakfast of some of the most creative dishes ever. Service, both at the front desk and restaurant was outstanding.
While others complained about noise, we weren't bothered by it. New Years Eve is a huge celebration in Panama with a long, beautiful fireworks display that we enjoyed from our balcony. Typical noise that evening was to be expected. Bottled water was supplied daily and the drip coffee bags were excellent for in room coffee.
Would definitely return!

Room tip: Corner suite is huge with lovely decor and wrap around balcony with seating
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Travelingdown,

We are truly grateful to read your detailed and generous review, particularly while holiday season.

It is delightful to know you treasured your visit, from our service, facilities, decoration to our breakfast experience are all created to exceed our guest expectations.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back upon your return!

Reviewed January 11, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is really lovely and very modern however if you want to sleep at night this place is not for you. They provide earplugs which help counteract the noise of the traffic which is inevitable in any part of Panama City but this hotel is situated right beside a nightclub which plays extremely loud pumping music until 3:00am, the staff kindly cancelled our second night with no charge as they advised they could not provide any room which was quieter.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Amy R,

Our sincere gratitude for sharing your experience with us.

It was truly dissapointing to know your stay was marred by the activity surrounding the hotel, rest assured we will continue improving towards offering a better stay.

Our staff strives to excellence and will always do what is best for our guest, we are glad to hear you were satisfied with the decision.

Reviewed January 6, 2019

WOW... An amazing boutique hotel in Panama City (old city). My husband and I booked a room to use as a day room (very early arrival and venturing onward to Bocas Del Toro later that afternoon). The front desk was extremely warm and receptive. The rooms are amazing. The colonial architecture is fantastic. We headed down to the restaurant on the first floor for breakfast. I travel a lot. I can honestly say I had one of the best breakfasts ever! (I had the pancakes and my husband the eggs benedict). The service, atmosphere, and food were as good as it gets! My only regret is that we didn't get to stay longer! There is an amazing rooftop restaurant and bar that opens in the evenings. The view overlooks the water and old city. SIX STARS!! This is a great boutique hotel with unparalleled service. A MUST STAY! Looking forward to returning on my next trip to Panama City!

Date of stay: December 2018

Dear JFH79,

Thank you for your preference and valuable time to share your experience.

It is thrilling to learn that your expectations were surpassed and your experience at La Concordia was unremarkably amazing. Your feedback will be shared with our team who will be encouraged by your comments.

Needless to say, we will be honored to welcome you and your husband again soon!