Tripadvisor
Panama City
Post
Inbox
Search

“A wonderful place to either start your day and stop in and take a break from the head of the day!!”

Benissimo Gelato & Caffe
Ranked #7 of 56 Dessert in Panama City
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stumbled upon Benissimo when looking for a breakfast spot in Casco Viejo. There are not many places open for breakfast. I figured we would just have a coffee to start the day but Benissimo offers some wonderful sweet and savory pastry options. We shared a meat empanada (outstanding!!) and a chocolate croissant (fabulous!!). And the cappuccinos were extremely good. My husband asked for milk for his coffee and they warmed and whipped it as well. So very very good. The staff was extremely friendly. The selection of gelato looked so good we made it a point to return later in the day for a "gelato lunch". The memory of the passion fruit gelato makes my mouth water. The strawberry gelato was very good. We split a 3rd serving of lemon gelato that was just wonderful. Benissimo is a wonderful place to either start your day and stop in and take a break from the head of the day!! So so yummy!!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (69)

Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

We had nice breakfast on Saturday morning.
Coffee is very good
I recommend the panini capresa and omelette, service is great

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed August 26, 2019

It was pouring that day and we decided to stop to get a coffee and some Gelato. And we LOVED, the place is charming, the service fast and courteous.

Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 15, 2019

There's a great menu here with all kinds of sweet treats and the location is perfect, right in the middle of Casco Viejo. It also has a very nice interior, which makes it easy to hang out in. The staff was very friendly, attentive and polite - which is a rarity in Panama City. I definitely recommend this place! The only bad thing I can say is that it attracts a certain type of loud person, who feels at home in a coffee shop, sharing their silly life experiences with not only the person they're sitting with, but THE ENTIRE CAFÉ! You know, the self-absorbed selfie crowd...? ;)

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

Walking around Casco Viejo I turn my head and see this cool little place....I read Gelato and got my attention. I tried the hazelnut gelato is amazing!¡ Also tried the cold brew cafe...perfect!¡ Everybody really nice also. I am going back (for sure) to try more flavors!

Date of visit: August 2019