Every time I travel to Panama, I try to carefully administer my expectations and remind myself that Panamanians are notorious poor in the area of customer service. Always hoping for a miracle, I am consistently disappointed, so avoid my pitfall and expect as little customer service as possible. If you want to stay in this part of Panama City, it's an acceptable choice.
Aside from the staff, who is clearly indifferent to the guest, the hotel is OK. The rooms and hallways are tiled, which makes sense in a humid climate. However, there is a echo in the halls. If you don't like stepping on the tile floor in your room, bring slippers. The rooms are clean and comfortable. No complaints.
Approximately five minutes away by foot is a beautiful, safe park where you can run on a 2km track, play tennis, or walk. This is one of the hotel's best advantages.
The breakfast is mediocre. You'll have to beg the servers for a glass of water, coffee or any sort of attention. Good luck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelers looking for Panama hotel deals will appreciate the great location and outstanding array of amenities found at the Holiday Inn(R) City of Knowledge. Located just minutes away from some of the best attractions and businesses in Panama, our property offers both convenience and great value.Leisure guests are often drawn to our family-friendly Panama City hotel's close proximity to several of the city's best attractions including the visitor center at Miraflores Locks at the Panama Canal, the Albrook Shopping Center (with free shuttle service from our hotel), and the Gamboa Rainforest Resort. But our guests don't even have to leave the hotel to enjoy our sparkling outdoor pool in a beautifully landscaped courtyard, the well-equipped 24-hour Fitness Center, or our gift shop for a souvenir. Our hotel is only a few miles away from Panama City's banking district where many international transactions take place. Our fully-staffed Business Center provides guests with everything they need including copying, courier service, personal computer, and high-speed Internet access.When you're looking for great Panama hotel deals we offer the best. Make your reservations today to get the best Panama travel deals around at our Panama City hotel. You can be assured that when you stay at an IHG Green Engage Hotel, you are participating in an advanced, world-wide sustainability effort. We understand that it is important for you to have an active role in protecting our environment and that's why we've made it easier for you to choose a hotel that matches your sustainable values. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Panama Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn City Of Knowledge Hotel Panama City
- Panama City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Panama Canal Panama City