“Pizzas, empanadas and TANGO.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizza Piola

Pizza Piola
Ranked #332 of 978 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
torrevieja
“Pizzas, empanadas and TANGO.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

If you are into authentic Argentinian street tango and food then this is the place for you. Great food, FAB-U-LASS atmosphere, good service, altogether a great night out. You can even have a Tango dance lesson for 5$ , what more can you ask.

• Visited January 2013

Panama City, Panama
“Excellent and for the right price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was introduced to this place by my girlfriend who lived in Argentina for several years, the owners are Argentinian.

The restaurant is located in a centric place near other restaurants in the banking area but all the times we have visited it has been quiet there.Most definitely an undiscovered place.

It doesn't matter what you order, pizza, meat pies (empanadas),etc. it is always good. In fact once when we ordered pizza we were given the freedom to order one pizza with each half with a different flavor from the menu. Not to separate halves but a custom pizza with two different halves.

The drinks were also good and service was prompt. We have no complaints at all. The price is also very affordable and the quality is good.

Sadly, a week ago we visited but they were closed. It is not clear whether they closed for good, for remodelling or else. I hope they open their restaurant again. In a city full of overpriced restaurants this place was like an oasis.

BTW I have to disagree with AromasGuy regarding the pizza. The pizza at Pizza Piola is good, it is not Italian pizza (has its variation) and having visited Athens Pizza several times myself, I must say Athens Pizza's pizza is too greasy.

• Visited December 2012
Aromas CA
“Good Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Nice people, good service, good pizza by Latin American standards. For better pizza, though, try Athens Pizza

Visited July 2011
Panama City Beach, Florida
“great argentinean taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

I love visiting this place during my Panama stay. Best pizza in town. And don´t miss their empanadas!!! oh, service is also great, a rarety in Panama City! Enjoy!!!

• Visited June 2011
Fairbanks, Alaska
“I liked it, simple but very good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2011

Recently on a trip to Panama I visited this restaurant on two occasions. On the first occasion I had a fabulous plate of spaghetti in a wonderful meet sauce. The second time my family and I enjoyed some absolutely delicious pepperoni garlic pizza. The restaurant itself is not much to see as most of the seating is outside in a Café type fashion. There is also a small dance floor that was used during our second night for Tango Dancing. Parking can be bit tough as the restaurant its self has very limited parking and parking along the street is also limited. I did however on my last visit notice a vacant lot directly across the street and some folks were parking there. If you want a nice restaurant that specializes in Argentinean style of food preparation then this is a most worthy place to eat. Prices are good and the staff is very good.

Visited January 2011