“Peruvian Perfection”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This restaurant is one of my top 5 favorites in Panama. When you receive great service with even better food, and the fact that you're in a very packed restaurant, life just seems all the sweeter.

I feel sheepish for forgetting our waiters name, but he was so attentive and explained with great detail the dishes that we had asked about and to be honest I was already tasting the food while he was describing it and it hadn't been served! Everytime we had asked for a drink, it would be on our table in less than 5 minutes and our food arrived relatively fast as well.

For appetizers we ordered the Piqueo Tres Ceviches and Tiradito de Atun Nikkei. The first was just sunshine bursting in your mouth, the three different flavors the ceviches had to offer blended in perfectly, and the texture of the fish, calamari, and octopus were right on point. Nothing was too chewy or drenched in sauce. Just the right combination. The Tiradito de atun, wasn't too much to my liking as I think they went a little overboard on the soy sauce.

The portions of the appetizers are fairly large, it's difficult to keep this in mind and realize you have a main course on the way but you just keep eating the appetizers because they are so GOOD!

For the main course I had the Risotto with prawns and it was very rich, and creamy with a good amount of prawns. I was actually a little bit frustrated that I couldn't finish it all, but it was a pretty big portion they had served so now I'm aware for next time.

And sadly, I ran out of room for dessert :(

I'll definitley be coming back for more. I've never seen such an extensive menu, and with all the different dishes that I saw zooming past us, they all looked great. I must admit, it's a great excuse to come back and try something different.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Sugundo Muelle is definitely worth a visit - the food is good and the ambiance is nice too. Definitely try the ceviche - it really zings with flavour - and match it with a Pisco Sour. The only complaint I'd have is that the helpings are too large - it's tough to get through a starter and main course without feeling too full...

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Amazing Peruvian fish dish with a sauce that was made from heaven, all our dishes were meticulously prepared, and the staff provided impeccable service.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Especially liked their ceviche. Its a great place to go with friends who are fond of seafood. Enjoyed this special location too!

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Went here based on reviews and glad we did! Not easy to get a reservation on a Saturday night but we were lucky and got a table for 2.
Natural ceviche appetizer was too good to be true.
Dinner with sea bass for me and seafood pasta del mar for my wife was just terrific.
Too full for dessert and the restaurant was buzzing when we left packed with patrons