“Great Seafood”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have eaten seafood in this restaurant several times, but since I come to Panama City every couple of years, I thought the food would change.....and it continues to do so, but for the BEST! They probably have the best seafood in Panama City. I have been to Peru, and this is authentic as it gets. Start with the Pisco sour...good selection of wines. Overall it is a very satisfying gastronomic experience!!!

There are newer reviews for Segundo Muelle

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is not our first visit to this restaurant. To my taste, Peru continues being the culinary capital of South America. for appetizer we ordered the Parmesan covered (two small pieces) of scallops in a sea shell, something I remember eating frequently in different restaurants of la Costa Verde and they were good. The family has always liked the "jalea" this restaurant makes and it was very good once again, if something has changed its the size of the portion (smaller of course) and the addition of gulf sauce to the dish, don't know why, I've never had "jalea" with gulf sauce, not in the "Jibarito" or "Don Betta" in Lima who (to my taste) make the best "jalea", maybe it's a Panamenian requirement. The dessert was ok. Their sangria it's definetely not great, and we like sangria. Service was very fast, a little too fast for our taste. Some of the appetizer were already cooked, there is no way they could have serve it, that fast otherwise. I understand the restaurant was full, and there were lots of people waiting, but my family and I felt they want to get rid of us in order to have another available table to serve. This is a $40.00 per person dinner. The service was courteous panamenian standard not south american standard. Still, I'll go again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

It's just perfect !

Been there many times and each time it is an amazing tasting experience of Peruvian food.

2 bottles of wines + 3 pisco sour + 4 main dishes + 2 desserts = $170 USD.

Service is very bad in general in Panama but here i reckon they make an effort.

1  Thank francomorenop
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been to Segundo Muelle a couple of times and both great seafood. The ceviche's and the octopus are excellent. Also they have some great deserts.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The quality of the food is the key here. The location is very nice as well. There might be 80-100 different dishes to select. Just get recommendations from the waiters.

1  Thank Mustafa K