“Mediocre”
Review of Beirut

Beirut
Ranked #19 of 1,041 Restaurants in Panama City
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Although the food was, in part, acceptable I would not return. I had chicken shwarma and baklava. The chicken in the shwarma was somewhat dry and tasteless, but could be eaten. The accompanying tahini sauce was lovely and made the whole dish reasonably pleasant. The baklava was an insipid, soggy disaster and I would caution against eating it. Having eaten a great deal of heavenly baklava, facing this limp cigar roll of pastry with a few dots of nondescript nut paste was a culinary ordeal. Avoid at all costs. It may be that the other desserts are better.

I asked for the bill a couple of times but it took the waiter about 45 minutes to finally bring it after I stood up and made preparations to leave. When I received the bill it had two items I did not order on it.

So, on the whole, for me, this was a poor dining experience and based on Tripadvisor reviews, I had anticipated better.

1  Thank mlm1023
There are newer reviews for Beirut

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I get to this god forsaken place and no one greets you. I sit myself down and wait maybe 15 minutes until someone decides to cater to the new guy in the joint. The waiter was an emotionless goon who seemed upset i was there to begin with. 20 minutes after finishing my meal i have to waive down the closest "employee" to get the damage. Some chick arrives and brings me the check. She takes my credit card then disappears for what seemed like ages. The place was nearly empty mind you. I hunt down this woman and she is nowhere to be found. I get back to my table and she then arrives minutes later with a look I would have paid another woman to smack off. I Left this place in a devilish fury. I would not recommend this spot to even my enemies.

2  Thank kentmoney1
Reviewed July 6, 2013

when the Sundays are long, we pack the kids to Beirut. We first discovered the one downtown and have now become total fans of the outlet in the Amador Causeway. A mezze for 2 is enough for a table of 4 and a mezze for 4 enough for a table of 6. if you have kids, they will pick from the plates and run around to the bassin in which they can throw coins. it has an indoor sitting area with aircon . We favour the outdoor. Both venues ( calle 52 and Causeway ) are very consistent for food and service so our choice goes more to the open air deck on the Causeway but we have been happy with both.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Excellent food with indoor and outdoor seating. Extensive menu. Service a little on the slow side. Belly dancers perform on certain evenings.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Food is ok, no big deal . Have had much better food for much less. Please check your bill very carefully as they have a habit of charging extra either by more no of plates or items and really screwing u on prices. Very disorganized. They also try charging extra by saying the food was ordered by our chofer , which we don't have. Crooks. Shame on them for doing this as they r suppose to be a reputed restaurant. This had been done to us many times so it is not a mistake.

1  Thank Bilujain