If you are looking for a place to kick back and meet some interesting travelers this is the place. I was really tired when i arrived in Panama and I wanted somewhere to chill and collect myself. The hostel has a great lounge which always full of people, one of the best book exchanges I have ever seen, good breakfast included and helpful staff. It was also very secure... everywhere in Panama City is just next to a bad area and I liked how safety conscious they were!
I would suggest getting a room at the front though (dorms), They have a view over the Panama skyline and it can get very hot unless the breeze comes in through the big open windows!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a Spanish colonial mansion built upon the water’s edge. Luna’s Castle Hostel attracts those who seek the ideal Panama City backpacking experience. Following Captain Morgan’s plunder of Panama Vieja in 1671, stones from the ruins were used to construct the massive walls of Casco Viejo. Luna’s Castle, built in 1905, rests upon these original city walls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Luna's Castle Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna`s Castle Hotel Panama City
- Luna's Castle Hostel Panama/Panama City