Luna Castel Hostel located in the Casco Viejo part of the city. If this is the first time, or if you only have a few days to see Panama City, I do recommend this hostel. The location and staff are excellent. There are many things to see and do within an easy walk, and the view from my room of the city skyline was breathtaking
You can come and go anytime of the day or night a staff person is on duty 24/7. Breakfast of pancakes and bananas are free every day from 7am till noon, coffee and tea is available all day, no microwave oven. A large kitchen with plenty of room for many people to cook at the same time is in use constantly. Many bathrooms and showers (not hot) are on each floor. There are free lockers with electric plugins, in a verity of sizes (your lock, but they do sell them) are on the main floor. Sodas, beer, water, ice cream, and T-shirts are also for sell
They are in the process of upgrading the bunk beds to have large draws for your things and curtains. It is an ongoing process right now; I am looking forward to it on my return visit.
Their contact information is www.lunacastlehostel.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 507-212-2939
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a Spanish colonial mansion built upon the water’s edge. Luna’s Castle Hostel attracts those who seek the ideal Panama City backpacking experience. Following Captain Morgan’s plunder of Panama Vieja in 1671, stones from the ruins were used to construct the massive walls of Casco Viejo. Luna’s Castle, built in 1905, rests upon these original city walls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Luna's Castle Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna`s Castle Hotel Panama City
- Luna's Castle Hostel Panama/Panama City