“Very Good Dinner!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lenos & Carbon

Lenos & Carbon
Ranked #138 of 963 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Very Good Dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Was brought here by my Panamanian friend. The appetizer of fried cheese was just okay, I've had better here in Canada. However, the steak dinner was great...and huge! Seriously could've shared it between two people. Came with two steaks on a hot plate with a separate plate of salad, rice, fried plantain and arrapa. No one at the table was able to finish their meal. Chocolate cake for desert was just okay. Margaritas and Mojitos were delicious!

The only thing that bothered me about this restaurant was that they were allowing raccoons into the restaurant - granted it's open air and raccoons are around, but they are dirty scavengers and should not be allowed in a restaurant and certainly you should not be feeding them by hand as some people were.

Palm Coast, Florida
“Very popular in Panama”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I have need to the Dorado location twice now and it seems the same. Big portions here for sure. I had a grilled chicken salad and the chicken was very tender. Overall a good experience and for a small chain it is safe all over Panama City.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Steaks were very good, service average.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

The steaks were very tender and arrived at the table still sizzling. The service was somewhat indifferent (something I find to be the norm in Panama.). The place is extremely popular, so if you get there later in the evening, be prepared to wait.

1 Thank ESPI3rd
Wauchula, Florida
“best Paella .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went to Panama few days ago, and thanks to tripadvisor , I found this Gem in the Amador causeway, I order the paella valenciana and the taste was the best i ever had, my children were also happy with the food, the restaurant is located in front of a marina , so the view of the boats and the sea in priceless. many of the server speaks english, but even if they not speak it, I will not complain, also I will not complain in USA if they do not speak spanish or french since this is America.and english is the national language.
the paella was very tasty, with lobster , chorizo, fish etc.

1 Thank carmocha t
Northern Virginia
“Nice atmosphere and view, food ranges from OK to very good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I went with my family and a guest for an early dinner (7:30pm) in early August. The view of downtown Panama City was very nice, but they did not let us sit outside as those tables were reserved for some large parties. We had a Spanish speaker with us, but even so, our waiter seemed to have some difficulty understanding our order. The waiter was fairly prompt, but the kitchen was slow, so it took at least 40 minutes for the food to arrive. I got the mixed grill (I believe they called in the Lenos y Carbon) and I do not recommend it. It was a sampler of steak, chicken, pork??, ribs. Most of it was overcooked and not very flavorful. Three in our group ordered steaks (pepper steak, filet, and sirloin) and they all looked and tasted excellent and were cooked perfectly to order. The price was not bad, about what I would expect in a mid level steak/chicken place in the states (ex Longhorn, Texas roadhouse, Outback, etc.). I would go again but be careful about what I ordered and be prepared to wait a bit for food. I think there are several other interesting food choices in the same area of the Amador Causeway.

• 3 of 5 bubbles