“DO SAIL WITH LUKA AND BEA !”
Review of San Blas Islands

$350.00*
San Blas and Guna Yala Shared Tour from Panama City
Ranked #16 of 367 things to do in Panama
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I recommand anyone to take Luka and Bea since we had this great experience of the islands and the sea with my wife and two kids. The captain made us fell confortable and safe from the beginning till the end. The food was just amazing with a great cook and the rest of the crue did a great job also. They work a lot night and day and this is worth the price to us.
So I just wanted to tell that our experience was great even if i (but not my wife) was quite sea-sick.
Bea took care of us and of our kids and we all had an amazing experience together with the rest of the passengers (beside one apearently).
I warmly recommand to try your own experience of sailing on Luka with Bea who is a kind and generous person to sail with. (and her crue)(and Vacek a sweet doggy who's really concerned about keeping everyone onboard!)

4  Thank Claude M

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We booked a 4 day tour of the San Blas islands through San Blas Sailing. We sailed with Roberto on Lady Jane. It was very comfortable and the food was fabulous. We ate grilled Lobster, pasta with Octopus and different kinds of Ceviche. One day Roberto caught a Tuna and we had grilled steaks. It is a magical part of the world and a sailboat is the best way to see the islands. Roberto has been sailing in San Blas for a long time and knows everybody and exactly where to go for the best swimming and snorkeling. He was a very entertaining host and made sure that everyone had a good time. A four day tour felt like just the right length of time, it was relaxing and never boring.

5  Thank Christine H
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Dear Bea: I think you already know, but this review has nothing with that trip i was on with you guys !! Although i was seasick the half of the time, just because i become sick seeing a car on a packing lot, it was a journey i will never forget - So much passion, patience and homefeeling on a boat in the middel of the ocean i had never thought i should experience. You was like a mother for all of us on theese 6 days on the ocean, and i could just feel that it was something everybody needed after many weeks and month traveling around the world - So Bea thank you for you heartWarming way to be, your fantasitic ability to make people around feels special and welcome - and a lot of humor and finally thank you for sharing your home (Luka) with me and many other travellers - You and Tom was the best Love from Denmark

3  Thank Niklas L
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had an amazing time sailing San Blas on board of Alea. This is my third sailing experience with Alea and its people, Johan and Silvia, it isn't going to be the last one! San Blas is awesome, clear blue waters, Kuna indians, but what makes this trip worth it, it's the boat and the people. Johan is an excellent captain, with lots of experience with sailing, so you feel safe at his hands. Silvia is the best host, an amazing cook and really sweet woman. They look after you really well, always making sure you have what you need. Their boat is their home and you feel as if you are at your friends' home, not just a impersonal charter boat that someone owns as a business. The boat is very clean and well maintained.You decide what places you would like to visit and they will plan the sailing route to make it happen. The food on board is excellent, normally sourced from the local people, according to season. Silvia always surprises you with a tasty and delicious meal from the little kitchen she has on board. I highly recommend saling with Alea, it's like sailing with good friends.

1  Thank Pilar I
Reviewed February 14, 2014

There are many "Cabanas" in San Blas, but I recommend one Island, Isla Del Diablo which is owned by a Kuna friend.

It is in front of Isla del Perro (Dog Island). It is a great place for snorkeling, as there is a nice reef and a shipwreck. The island is situated at 45 minutes from the San Blas dock. They offer also free snorkeling gear and free hop on / hop off islands Tours.

Tours are also offered to the deserted Cayos Holandeses. This place is amazing specially if you want to mingle with the Kunas and experience a bit about their culture. Have a look at the pictures to get a better idea of the island.

Take a rain coat with you and/or but your belongings such as camera, mobile phone in a dry place as it can be raining or the sea can be a little rough.

1  Thank panamatravelt