“Best Fish Carpaccio Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gastronomia El Buzo

Gastronomia El Buzo
Ranked #1 of 319 Restaurants in Managua
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our specialty is the Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. We developed a fusion of traditional italian recipes with molecular cuisine, in order to offer the best gastronomic experience in Managua, in a very quiet and cozy atmosphere. Enhanche the cuisine at the level of art. Excellency is always present inoir seek of perfection, in the quality of our ingredients, in the expertise of our techniques.
Managua, Nicaragua
“Best Fish Carpaccio Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I went back to enjoy the best fish carpaccio ever, its name is Carpaccio Fair. I enjoyed the mix of different classes of fish in the same dish. I could be a great dich for a couple or a group.

It's like get into the the sea and feel the real freshness of fish.

The service is still firmer and the owner Alessio is always explaining too you what the dihes contains.

Another great experience

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank LeviL294478

Managua, Managua, Nicaragua
“awesome dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

i love everything about this place, the food, the service, the location. everything works like magic to create that perfect meal. they have a great variety of choice to go with. the Carpaccio is great and the pastas are exquisite in flavor. Fancy plates to choose from as well. definitely if not, the best place to eat in Managua.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jorge S
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

My story is long and I will try to summarize. On the recommendation of friends and TripAdvisor my girlfriend and I decided to go to La cueva del buzo, knowing that this is a restaurant whose prices are well according to the prestige they have.

At noon I called to ask if they were working normally (being a national holiday), and they said yes. The lady I spoke to asked me if I wanted to book a table, since we were not sure how many people would go I asked if the reservation was necessary. The lady told me it wasn't, but that was recommended so that they could saved us a table. Let's pay attention: one thing is "required" and another different is "recommended". I even asked for the working hours and other details, and the lady on the phone said nothing about the mandatory reserve (something very rarely used in our country, by the way).

Finally, my girlfriend and I went at night (the restaurant is located on the outskirts of the city), and from the entrance we saw a blackboard announcing that since January this year (we are in August!) there was a mandatory reservation. The host told us the same. I told him exactly what I had spoken on the phone and that "mandatory" is not the same as "recommended". I asked him to speak with the owners.

When the host came back he told me that the lady had said that "I was to call again and confirm the reservation, and I didn't", and without reservation we could not eat there. It turns out that the person I had spoken with was one of the owners, who unfortunately did not even bother to came out to give us an explanation of her confusion. The restaurant was not busy, I would say that at least half the tables were free, but the host was apologizing for having the kitchen working beyond capacity.

This restaurant is said to be the best in town, unfortunately we could not confirm it and the customer service was terrible, both for the lack of information important the owner/lady was suppose to tell on the phone, and her inability to resolve the situation after we had arrived there after a long trip. I left my business card but I know it was in vain.

Save yourself the trip, and enjoy another restaurant nearby where the customer is really important.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Ulises J
“Best restaurant in the country!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best restaurant in the country. Excellent in all aspects. The presentation, taste and innovation of the dishes is exquisite. Fresh wild caught seafood by the chef and owner makes the experience and dishes extra special. Definetely worth every penny. Go try out the new menu!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Mmedranoc
“New Menu, You must try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

As always La Cueva del Buzo is innovating their menu, last time I tried Holandes Volador, delicious recipe its consist in a wonderful mix of flavors with a great pasta and fresh clams. Its a unforgettable experience.

Service as always attentive including a great knowledge about all menu. So important, the owner is checking around and sharing with clients.

• Visited July 2013