“Best restaurant in the country!”

Gastronomia El Buzo
Ranked #2 of 364 Restaurants in Managua
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our specialty is the Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. We developed a fusion of traditional italian recipes with molecular cuisine, in order to offer the best gastronomic experience in Managua, in a very quiet and cozy atmosphere. Enhanche the cuisine at the level of art. Excellency is always present in our constant seek of perfection, in the quality of our ingredients, in the expertise of our techniques.
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best restaurant in the country. Excellent in all aspects. The presentation, taste and innovation of the dishes is exquisite. Fresh wild caught seafood by the chef and owner makes the experience and dishes extra special. Definetely worth every penny. Go try out the new menu!

2  Thank Mmedranoc

Reviewed July 24, 2013

As always La Cueva del Buzo is innovating their menu, last time I tried Holandes Volador, delicious recipe its consist in a wonderful mix of flavors with a great pasta and fresh clams. Its a unforgettable experience.

Service as always attentive including a great knowledge about all menu. So important, the owner is checking around and sharing with clients.

1  Thank LeviL294478
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have traveled to Managua for the past 15 years, but this time I was surprised when hearing friends rave about La Cueva, which I had never even heard of. However, this past trip I had the good fortune to go not just once, but twice, to this fabulous restaurant. As one other reviewer noted, the décor is not much to talk about, but that’s not why one goes to a restaurant, is it? – it’s all about the food.

The food is incredible, or as they say where I come from, “to die foah.” My first dinner was risotto with shrimp and gorgonzola sauce, which was heavenly and beautifully presented. Appetizers, wines, desserts, all were wonderful, and all my dinner mates raved about their meals. The second dinner, which my daughter was lucky enough to come for, was equally wonderful. The appetizers were particularly tasty and beautiful to look at. Imagine carrots and beets sliced thinly, and cut into a flower shape. All five of us got to sample various appetizer tasties, and then we all passed our own meals about for others to try. The waiters were attentive, but not intrusive, and kept our wine glasses filled without asking. This has to be one of the very best meals I've ever had.

The only suggestion I would make is that the menu include descriptions of the various dishes. I have a feeling that with this, I (and others) might have been more adventurous in ordering – perhaps next time!

La Cueva has gained yet another fan, and I will surely make it a point to go have a parting meal there in future. Find a knowledgeable taxista, as it can be hard to find the entrance, but you won’t be sorry you did.

1  Thank parrotheadnica
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Very nice plates, delicious and the decoration... Amazing!
Good service, good environment, the owner always in contact with the costumer, great food! The best!

1  Thank Jeannine01
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Best food in town ! Best pasta ever had!
A admirable combination of Pasta with seafood A most place to visit. My personal review A++++ Pasta and Sea food combination at it best!

1  Thank Rbrr