“A unique Country Inn in the middle of the city!”
Review of Hotel La Pyramide

Hotel La Pyramide
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Costa Rica
“A unique Country Inn in the middle of the city!”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

The tranquility in atmosphere and hospitality is second to none in this boutique hotel in the heart of Managua. While staying there, my wife and I felt that we were at a country inn rather than located in an upper end Nicaraguan neighbourhood. Manfred and his staff were hospitable and accommodating to every need, while providing the best value we’ve had travelling in years. We had the choice to stay at one of the big hotels or this boutique hotel and after trusting the fantastic reviews on TripAdvisor, we went with La Pyramide and were very glad we did! We walked by the big hotels and knew that we made the right choice. I can recommend this fabulous hotel without any reservations. The food was great, the location was good (if you need to stay in Managua), and waking in one of the pyramid rooms to the sounds of birds every morning was “muy tranquilo”. Breakfast was included “as you like it” and we ate there for almost every other meal, even though there was a large variety of restaurants just down the road about 5 blocks away. They even brought meals to our “Tutankhamun room” – although I think they spell it differently -- and we ate on the private patio listening to the birds. We will definitely be back!! Soon!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank davefromedmonton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Homestead, Florida
Reviewed February 14, 2011

my wife and i spend 2 day at this hotel, the owner send some one to pick us up at the air port at 9pm, when we arrive at the hotel there were two glass of wine waiting for us,in the morning breafast was included and the owner manfred spend like 10 minuted sitting with us giving us a beutiful welcome,i have visit many hotel in my life but lady and gentlemen this is the best service ever the room are very very clean and the service the best,i really recomend this hotel to any one over any hotel in nicaragua,,,,,walter quint

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank antoniowalter
Gulfport, Florida
Reviewed January 16, 2011

After some delays at the airport with our rental car we made it to La Pyramide rather late at night and only with the help of Manfred, the most accommodating host of a hotel we have ever met. Next time we will ask him to pick us up at the airport. It is about a 20 minute ride. The hotel is in a neighborhood, which makes it a quiet spot even though it is within walking distance of excellent restaurants.
The room was clean and the beds comfortable. We slept better than anywhere else we stayed on the trip. We spent our last night in Nicaragua with Manfred too and had dinner there. It was delicious as were the breakfast meals. We recommend this hotel for business or leisure travel. Our trip was a bit of both.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Pegscantina
London UK
Reviewed December 24, 2010

We spent our last night in Nicaragua at La Pyramide and cannot recommend it highly enough. We didn't want to return home and Manfred made our last night and the following morning truly wonderful. Manfred drove us to the local market which was great fun and then drove us to the airport. Great host!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2010

This was an excellent place to stay to become acquainted with Nicaragua. I was traveling alone before meeting up with a friend, and coming to an unfamiliar city, for me. the Pyramide was an excellent first stop. The owner, Manfred picked me up at the airport and pointed out restaurants and landmarks along the way back to the hotel, stopped at an ATM for me, and provided a great intorduction to the city. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood, has fast WiFI, and a great breakfast. I was greeted with a class of fresh fruit juice in my room. Didn't have hot water but it was so warm in Managua, that was OK, especially for the price of the room. When I expressed an interest in exploring one of Managua's markets, Manfred took me there himself. As a female traveling alone, this was the perfect hotel as I felt safe and Manfred provided excellent guidance on where to go and what to do.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I stayed at Manfred's hotel (the always supportive german owner) almost 380 nights, over a period of two years while working in Managua (traveling each month).

The one thing that makes this place special, is the warm and friendliness everybody shows you from the very first moment. It's makes you feel just like home.

Over that period, I traveled over the country, was ill and sick a few times, got an accident, etc... but Manfred and his team were always there, to assist you, give advice, pick you and drop you at any time, anywhere.

I've traveled extensively by both business and pleasure (34 countries so far), and I hope to come back again, and of course, if lucky, find some other places like these on the road.

Manfred, You're the best! Viele Dank...!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Leo L
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 25, 2010

i stayed here twice (when flying in and out of managua) and cannot recommend it more highly. the rooms themselves are spotless, comfortable and basic, but the staff is where this hotel really comes into its own. manfred is the most gracious host - he drove me to my spanish school out at laguna de apoyo after my first stay (including accompanying me into the school to ensure everything ok) and to the airport after my second stay. he even drove a friend home who had visited me at the hotel for dinner. he is also incredibly knowledgeable about nicaragua: he first came to nicaragua as part of the german government's aid program and is well versed in its politics, past and present. he happily answered all of my questions about nicaragua. the other staff are very friendly and attentive. the food served at the hotel was some of the best i experienced in the country. finally, the hotel is in a safe neighbourhood and very secure. i've never written a review on tripadvisor, but after the hospitality i received at la pyramide i felt like i owed it to them to spread the word...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo