“La Pyramide - Something for everyone....”
Review of Hotel La Pyramide

Hotel La Pyramide
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed January 4, 2009

As we were on our honeymoon, the first hotel we booked was "an expensive one" ... but we didnt get the real feel for Managua by being there, and certainly didnt feel safe leaving the complex, we were technically "stuck". After meeting another couple, they introduced us to La Pyramide and Manfred, the owner. La Pyramide is clean, staff are friendly, food is fantastic, and the rates are very reasonable. It doesnt matter if your single, as a couple, or with your family, they cater to all. Manfred will bend over backwards for you and help you experience Nicaragua as you should, wanting you to see and experience the country he knows and loves. He also put us in touch with Christian Geller of Cocopeli Tours, www.cocopeli-tours.com Both men share a passion about this country which is contagious, you cant help but get drawn into the history, and the beauty. Their open, honest, friendly attitude toward us turned our honeymoon around!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel La Pyramide

Reviewed September 6, 2008

This is a very nice, value hotel in the middle of Managua. My flight arrived after midnight, and a shuttle was waiting to take me to the hotel. The cost of the shuttle bumped up the hotel to the price of the airport Best Western, but from the reviews on TripAdvisor, I think this was the better choice.

Clean rooms and linens, TVs, working air conditioners, basic but nice rooms. There's a balcony that looks out over Managua (kind of) that you can sit on for breakfast. A very small outdoor pool is available, too.

Overall, a good, solid experience. It seemed to be safe with a guard in a residential area of Managua, and a good value for the money.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank PolyAnalyst
Reviewed September 5, 2008

We like off beat and unusual so, after reading the reviews we booked this for our last night in Nica instead of staying near the airport. It fit the bill! The only disappointing thing was the abundance of bugs in the room. I know, I know...it's the tropics, but I've stayed in more bug free places in the tropics. I don't think they were the biting kind, but I just wasn't expecting it. No problems otherwise. Great A/C and even some English cable TV for us gringos. Manfred as promised patiently waited for our late flight, and amused us with his great history. He is a character and worthy of the visit to the hotel alone. We wanted to experience one more night out so we walked from the hotel to El Garabato (excellent) restaurant. Even though it's only a 15 minute walk, it was a little confusing at night, in the rain, in an unfamiliar neighboorhood with many security gates. Perhaps in daylight and a lessed rushed (up early for a flight out) experience we would have had a better one night stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thphoto
Reviewed August 31, 2008

I would like to echo the previous excellent reviews of this wonderful hotel. We stayed recently for one night with our children and another couple - our first night in Nicaragua. Manfred was waiting for us at the airport and as others have stated, upon our arrival at this hotel, provided us with wonderful juices and cooked a meal for our son that was delicious. In the morning he took us on several errands and arranged transportation for us to SJDS.

Clean and quiet rooms- charming environment- outstanding welcome by Manfred. A terrific way to begin our visit!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank sfer
Reviewed August 29, 2008

All reviews I have ever read on La Pyramide are really positive, and mine is no different. The hotel boasts great food, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, and exceptionally good service. You will find that Manfred will exceed your expectations. He certainly exceeded ours. Most notably he came to our rescue by driving us to the airport when our ride did not show up at 4:30 in the morning! That is great service and dedication to having a great hotel.

Stay here and you won't regret it!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ossie322
Reviewed August 27, 2008

I stayed there for about four months in a business trip and the attention was excellent. Everybody is looking out for you and helping you to feel at home. The food is very good and they can make customized menus if you want. Also it's on a very nice location and very quiet neighbourhood. I recommend it for sure!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2008

I chose this hotel due to the positive reviews here on Trip Advisor, and Manfred and his wonderful staff at La Pyramide did not disappoint.

Even before I arrived, I was impressed. My midnight flight to Managua had been canceled, and being stuck in Ft. Lauderdale, I had no way of getting hold of Manfred to tell him. When I finally got internet access, I e-mailed him the new flight itinerary, and crossed my fingers. When I got off the plane in Managua, to my relief he was there with his car waiting for me.

He made the drive from the airport to the hotel a miniature tour of the city, explaining to me the history, the areas, and even telling me about himself and how he ended up in the city. My room was perfect, very quiet, with air conditioning, window screens, wireless or wired internet access, and a very comfortable bed.

Included in the price of the room is breakfast, and not just a piece of toast and a cup of coffee. Breakfast is made to order by the chef, with fresh fruit, juices, eggs, bacon - you name it. I felt guilty the one or two days I did not take advantage of it! Other meals I at dinner time were equally impressive, and there is a full menu to choose from.

The hotel is in a nice, safe neighborhood, about a 10 minute walk from some nice restaurants and bars, and also not too far from the Metro Centro Mall. I felt safe walking both day and night around the neighborhood.

Because I lost a day due to my flight being canceled, I decided to stay an extra two nights, which was no problem. Throughout the entire trip, I felt like I was being treated like a VIP, and for the price, you absolutely can not find a better value than La Pyramide. Manfred is extremely helpful and can answer any question you may have about Managua and the surrounding area. Most of the staff speaks only Spanish, so you may want to practice some simple phrases (especially foods) to help with ordering breakfast and other meals.

Manfred and his wife also own La Pyramide vegetarian restaurant about a 15 minute walk away. It was the best vegetarian meal I have ever had, and would recommend it as well!

I can't praise it enough - La Pyramide really made my stay in Managua enjoyable and relaxing. I am definitely coming back, and strongly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Managua.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo