“Love this hotel!!!”
Review of Hotel La Pyramide

Hotel La Pyramide
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We loved this hotel and its staff and recommend it very highly for its excellent facility and fantastic personal service. A driver met us at the airport and took us to the hotel, where we were met by Manfred, the owner. He greeted us with a glass of juice and showed us to our room, the Ramses room in the main building. The main building, shaped like a pyramid, has three rooms (Ramses and Nefertiti on the ground floor and King Tut had the whole second floor); there are seven more rooms in the building in back. All the rooms were great; ours was gigantic, with a sleeping, sitting, and work area. The young driver who drove us from the airport then drove us to an overlook point of Managua, waited while we took pictures, and then drove us to Malecon; he then came back three hours later to take us back to the hotel. Manfred was very enjoyable and helpful with information about Managua and recommended the restaurant, Don Parrillon, where we went for dinner. He drove us there and picked us up, as well as driving us to the mercado and then to the bus terminal the next day. At checkout he only asked for $18 to cover all the chauffeuring, which we considered a good deal.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. The King Tut has the whole second floor to itself and a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went to Nicaragua by myself. As a single woman, I was unsure of what I would encounter. I got this hotel from TripAdvisor, and it was exactly as it said it would be. The rooms are clean with air conditioning (a must in March). Since the property is gated, it's very safe. It was my first time to Nicaragua, so I thought I'd be able to spend 5 days in Managua alone. Wrong! One of the taxi drivers who they use, Sr. Juan Fernandez, was great, and I hired him for 5 days. He was extremely patient with my school-book Spanish, and I learned a lot about Nicaraguan life. Manefred was great, and I agree with the other reviewers, all of his recommendations were right on track. If I go to Managua again, I would stay here without question.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank bseo-pero
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is located on a very safe and quiet area of Managua. At night it is very quiet and the rooms are very comfortable, thus allowing you to have a good night's rest. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly. Furthermore, the food is really good. The breakfast, included in your rate, is very filling and delicious. You can also eat in the hotel for lunch and dinner, which is convenient when you don't feel like grabbing a taxi to go to a restaurant around town (and the food is really amazing). Talking to Manfred, the owner, is very peasant and he is very helpful in helping you plan your trip around Managua and Nicaragua. He really cares for his clients. Another positive of this hotel is that it offers pick up from the airport. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again when I go back to Managua.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bumserdude
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very Safe hotel. The staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. The food is good. The breakfast & fresh fruit that comes with the stay and coffee is incredible!! When you stay you can rely on Monfred (you should rely) on his reccomendations for all your excursions,, you will be well taken care of.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MarkInFla
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Pyramide for a couple of days. It has the friendliest, kindest personnel we met in Nicaragua, during our 3 week long vacation! In addition, Mr. Manfred, the owner, is great. The rooms are clean, and cozy, the beds are NEW, and the breakfast delicious! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who plans to spend time in Managua!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diana K
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Very friendly and easy going hotel in one of the nicest areas of Managua. Very friendly staff, good service, nice food, and cozy rooms. The location of the hotel is very convenient; everything is within walking distance or a short taxi ride. Definitely the place of choice! Manfred, the owner, is always a good chat and is very knowledegable in all aspects of traveling and working in Nicaragua. The overall atmosphere is very good, which makes the hotel a good starting or ending point for any trip to Nicaragua...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Joern S
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My daughter, her boyfriend and I stayed here at both ends of a weeklong trip to Nicaragua. As we'd arranged, the innkeeper, Manfred, had our ride waiting at the airport for the surreal late-night drive to the hotel. And then he met us at the car--a harbinger of the kind of service Manfred provides his guests--offered us some fresh juice, and then showed us to our very clean and comfortable (and air-conditioned) room. Don't know if it's the energy of the pyramid or the fact that you can't hear the birds so well from the bottom floor but I had the best sleep there of our trip. The meals, prepared to our order, were delicious. And we were given a personal tour of Managua that really gave us insight into the country (originally from Germany, Manfred has lived there 30 years). There only possible downside to the hotel is that it's about 15-20 minutes from the airport, so if you have an early or late departure you might do better closer in. But really, you can get the inn's driver or a taxi if you just arrange with Manfred. I highly recommend this hotel for its personal feel and service!

Room Tip: Each room has an Egyptian name, and we stayed in Nefertiti because it has 3 single beds. It and the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family