“Quirky, friendly and great value”
Review of Hotel La Pyramide

Hotel La Pyramide
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights when we arrived in Managua and was very impressed. Manfred is a great host with nothing being too much trouble for him or his staff. The room was lovely and well appointed with aircon and wifi throughout the hotel. Nice terrace forcrelaxing with a beer or two. The area is very safe, with nice restaurants nearby. Will stay here again when we go back to Managua to fly out.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grantfraser77

Reviewed July 7, 2013

It is a pleasure to stay in La Pyramide. Manfred and his staff are very friendly, the food is good and the two rooms we occupied were comfortable. There is good WiFi and everything is well taken care of.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Arni G
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have stayed twice at La Pyramide. Two weeks last November for work and then I could not wait to be back again in March this year with my husband. The hotel is comfortable and clean with relaxed atmosphere and a cosy veranda. The neighbourhood is conveniently located and safe, so I enjoyed my morning runs. Manfred and his friendly and cheerful crew did everything possible to make my stay in Managua enjoyable and safe. When they found out that I was eager to know the Nicaraguan cuisine, they even went out of their way to make traditional food for me and have me taste different fruits and flavors. I do look forward to coming back ;)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HalldoraHr
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is my second stay at La Pyramide, the first time being back in February. The price is great and the breakfasts are my favorite. I stayed 5 nights this stay and was very comfortable the whole time.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Ssellers80
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been staying at La Pyramide on my first night in Nicaragua for the past several years, and as always, it was a pleasure to stay there this January. The room was clean, albeit a bit quirky (to access the toilet paper, I had to reach above and behind my head!), the food was fine – my usual gallo pinto, tostones, and a cold Tona, and Manfred was funny and gracious as always. I cannot recommend La Pyramide enough!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank parrotheadnica
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Manfred and his staff are wonderful, always going above and beyond to provide great service. Food was great (I ate breakfast and a few dinners at the hotel) and a good price. Rooms and facilities are not fancy, but AC works well, bed is comfortable, and everything was clean.

The hotel helped me to arrange transport all over the city with reliable drivers, which was a huge help on my business trip. I will staying here again when I return to Managua.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place was unique and beautiful. A 5 min walk to a number of restaurants and Manfred helped us figure out a ride to the hotel straight from the airport and then helped us with our travel plans when we left.

I saw a review that said the breakfast wasn't great, but I don't know what they are used to because the breakfast was awesome. It's a homemade meal with everything you can ask for. Not a buffet style like some people prefer but to us it was much better. Fresh juice, hot cup of Nicaraguan coffee and a traditional Nicaraguan breafast, all while enjoying the patio.

Maybe it is a bit more expensive then some hotels, but to stay in a safe neighbourhood with a host who is great, has lived there for a long time and knows the area, I would pay it again. I am a travel agent and I would definitely send my guests here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple