Hotel La Pyramide
Hotel Mozonte(Managua)(Great Value!)
$50
$32
$97
All reviewsgerman ownersafe neighborhoodlast nightvia emaillittle cornresidential arearooms are cleanbeautiful countrylate arrivalcorn islandsan oasisonly stayed one nightrental carhome away from homeairport pickuphot watercentral america
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not too sure what I can say that will add to the already positive comments written in the other reviews.

So how about this: Don't Stay Here If:
- You are in the country to party-party-party, this is not the place.
- You are in Nica looking for underage sex slaves and prostitutes, this is not the place.
- Want to stay somewhere in the middle of the action, this is not the place.

Do stay here if you are looking for:
- A clean, quiet & friendly hotel.
- A hotel with great food.
- Attentive service and a staff that will bend over backwards for you.
- A manager/front desk that knows the country, knows how to get around and can connect you with all manner of transportation options, tour options, and neat destination ideas.

My 5 day visit with Manfred and La Pyramide ended up being a 21 day stay. Manfred and staff went the extra mile to make sure my on again/off again, was 5 days, now 10 days, no let's make that 14 days, oops sorry that's now 21 day stay, was as comfortable as possible. Even though I had to change rooms (we are so sorry if you would not mind so much....), for the staff it was all hands on deck to make a room change a three minute non-event; very impressive.

Note; I don't know how they do it, you give 'em your laundry in the morning and its cleaned, folded, ironed and ready by early PM.

And yes I will staying here when I return.

Side notes:
- Taxis, the hotel is in a quiet residential neighborhood, and as such not all the drivers know how to get to the hotel. Grab one of the hotel cards to show to the taxi driver as it has the Managua address/directions. IF a taxi driver out of hand says "no" I won't take you there, it likely means the driver cannot read. No problem get the next taxi.
- Taxis at night....talk to Manfred to see if he has a recommended taxi for the evening hours.
- And how do you contact your taxi driver at night? For $20 US you can get a local phone with minutes, and you can add/top off minutes on virtually any given street corner. Local phone, highly recommended.
- Walking to the local restaurants, banks, shopping center. As a guy I was ok with walking to the local restaurants even at night. And during the day was fine with walking to the banks, shopping center, and even the transit terminal at the University. During the night, if you can get a trusted taxi all the better.
- Renting a car....again talk to Manfred, though you might consider renting a car and a driver.
- Fine selection of restaurants near by.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank bbihler
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed there a total of almost 4 weeks; 3 weeks in June, 2012 and one week in October, 2012. I now consider Manfred and the staff friends. As almost everyone else has mentioned, Manfred, the owner, is a terrific host and will go out of his way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. He went over and above to take care of the group of 10 that stayed there for two weeks in June. This included arranging for several special dishes for us for dinner.

I went back in June and I didn't even consider staying anywhere else.

Manfred speaks Spanish, German and English.

The food is always outstanding and the staff accommodating. Several times I have asked for them to make sandwiches for me to take with me to work, they do so gladly.

I'll be staying there again when I go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2012

A great welcome - after a tiring journey we were so pleased to be greated by the warmth, friendliness & hospitality of Manfred and his staff. La Pyramide is a lovely quirky place with comfortable large rooms, a great roof top dinning area and fantastic service. Its got that relaxed, nothings too much bother feel to it that you usually only get from staying with your own family. Breakfast was fresh, made to order and big enough to leave us stuffed till lunch.
I only wish we'd had more time to stay longer !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vondaa
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed here one night after a flight from the U.S. and were happy to see someone at the airport to take us to the hotel. The hotel is clean, the rooms rather basic but then this is Nicaragua. We like the hotel and really enjoyed chatting with the owner. Breakfast was included and very tastey. The cost of the room was reasonable but so far from the airport that the cost of the room plus 32.00 round trip made it not really worth it for us. If I had business in the center of Managua I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jaybirdrob
Reviewed November 22, 2012

we spent a most pleasant week at la pyramide . My family and I would like to say thank you to Manfred for looking after us in every aspect and for making our stay in managua so very pleasant. Without Manfred's help I think I could not manage to look after my brother who suffers from COPD and needed to have an oxigen machine immediately after arriving in Managua ans some Doctors and dentist appointments amongst other things.

Room Tip: corner suite down stairs is very bright and homely
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family