“For us, could not be better.”
Review of Hotel La Pyramide

Hotel La Pyramide
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Hurst, Texas
“For us, could not be better.”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

From the moment we booked host was most accomodating. By the way the barking dog is gone, to Chile, so I am told, but doesn't matter, no dog. Most important this is an owner hands on hotel. Manfred is family, there for you. You can depend on him. He arranged and took us to get the rent car, helped with getting a cell phone, anything he can do for you he will. It is a small pousada type hotel. As important the staff are most attentive and cordial. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Manfred was very friendly and helpful. Clean hotel, priced right and it's walking distance to some good restraunts. Next visit I would definitely go back. The Wifi network is strong as well. Chill clients seem to stay there which is always nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Our stay in La Pyramide was wonderful. We stayed in the magnificent Tutankahmun room inside the pyramid. We were really wow'd by the room. It was huge and really nicely decorated. The shower was also huge. The food was excellent and we had dinner here twice- delicious. Breakfast was included and we really enjoyed it.
Manfred the owner is absolutley wonderful. He gave us great advice and dropped us off at various locations. He was great to chat to about Nicaragua and we felt really at home in La Pyramide.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a fantastic location to stay over if you have early or light flights plus they offer pick up ! We loved that and the location cuz if was a pretty safe hood. All and all a good place to stay a night for airport transfers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carla M
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Landing in Managua during the middle of the night I needed a place to stay. Since it was my first time to the country that was naturally a little scary. When I arrived at the airport the cab driver the hotel owner appointed for me was waiting with a big sign on my name on it; this was a welcomed relief after flying for so long.

After a short drive to the hotel with a friendly cab driver I met the night watchmen who escorted me to my room. The room was simple, clean and comfortable. Compared to other airport hotels the stay here is also very affordable - the taxi to the hotel was a deal as well.

The next day I woke up to and had an excellent breakfast at the hotel restaurant, which is to the side on a comfortable patio deck. The food was wonderful, and included with the room. Manfred the owner, whom I met after, was outgoing and warm. After speaking with him he gave me a free Lonely Planet book about Nicaragua, which was nice of him; reading it while traveling greatly added to my experience in this country.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Steve C
San Diego, CA
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and just want to say that it's the best!!! It's in a quiet residential neighborhood and Manfred, the owner, is very friendly and charming. He takes the time to sit down and chat with his guests. All his staff are great! The ladies in the kitchen are so nice and they prepare great food!!! It was the best tasting food I had during my 9 days in Nicaragua! When I arrived in the afternoon after 2 p.m., they still prepared a meal for me (outside regular meal hours). When I had to leave super early in the morning, they still prepared breakfast for me and a sandwich to take on the plane. The room was very cute. All the rooms have Egyptian-inspired names (La Pyramide, get it?). The architecture in pyramid style is lovely. There's a terrace/sitting room area where meals are served which is open to the outside. There's even a jacuzzi on the property! The room was air-conditioned, had a TV and a telephone. I couldn't figure out how to get the hot water to work but I wasn't too concerned since it was so hot there in July. There aren't too many rooms so the feeling is very intimate and guests mingle with each other on the property at meal time and at the jacuzzi. I would definitely stay there again!!! He also works with a taxi driver to take guests places, including the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank maringfro
Altagracia, Nicaragua
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have stayed at La Pyramide several times during my year in Nicaragua. It's wonderful. The staff is friendly, the rooms are lovely, the food is delicious and Manfred is simply a gem. Every experience I have had has been very positive.

Room Tip: Some rooms have windows that can't be covered. If you are a light sleeper make sure you get a ro...