“Pyramide - Safe, Clean and Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel La Pyramide

Hotel La Pyramide
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Santa Barbara, California
“Pyramide - Safe, Clean and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Landing in Managua during the middle of the night I needed a place to stay. Since it was my first time to the country that was naturally a little scary. When I arrived at the airport the cab driver the hotel owner appointed for me was waiting with a big sign on my name on it; this was a welcomed relief after flying for so long.

After a short drive to the hotel with a friendly cab driver I met the night watchmen who escorted me to my room. The room was simple, clean and comfortable. Compared to other airport hotels the stay here is also very affordable - the taxi to the hotel was a deal as well.

The next day I woke up to and had an excellent breakfast at the hotel restaurant, which is to the side on a comfortable patio deck. The food was wonderful, and included with the room. Manfred the owner, whom I met after, was outgoing and warm. After speaking with him he gave me a free Lonely Planet book about Nicaragua, which was nice of him; reading it while traveling greatly added to my experience in this country.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Steve C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and just want to say that it's the best!!! It's in a quiet residential neighborhood and Manfred, the owner, is very friendly and charming. He takes the time to sit down and chat with his guests. All his staff are great! The ladies in the kitchen are so nice and they prepare great food!!! It was the best tasting food I had during my 9 days in Nicaragua! When I arrived in the afternoon after 2 p.m., they still prepared a meal for me (outside regular meal hours). When I had to leave super early in the morning, they still prepared breakfast for me and a sandwich to take on the plane. The room was very cute. All the rooms have Egyptian-inspired names (La Pyramide, get it?). The architecture in pyramid style is lovely. There's a terrace/sitting room area where meals are served which is open to the outside. There's even a jacuzzi on the property! The room was air-conditioned, had a TV and a telephone. I couldn't figure out how to get the hot water to work but I wasn't too concerned since it was so hot there in July. There aren't too many rooms so the feeling is very intimate and guests mingle with each other on the property at meal time and at the jacuzzi. I would definitely stay there again!!! He also works with a taxi driver to take guests places, including the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank maringfro
Altagracia, Nicaragua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have stayed at La Pyramide several times during my year in Nicaragua. It's wonderful. The staff is friendly, the rooms are lovely, the food is delicious and Manfred is simply a gem. Every experience I have had has been very positive.

Room Tip: Some rooms have windows that can't be covered. If you are a light sleeper make sure you get a ro...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Almost Heaven
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel because of the rave reviews posted here. Manfred and staff are indeed wonderful, charming, accommodating, and friendly. The shuttle driver was waiting for me, as promised. However, as I arrived late at night to the hotel, my airport shuttle driver merely pointed me to my room -- in what felt like was a very dark part of the property.

I didn't sleep much that night. Some sort of animal was moving about on the roof of my room most of the night, plus there was a steady stream of ants and other insects attacking some bit of something on the ground. Add to this that there was only a sheer curtain in my room. I used a travel blanket to cover one of the windows for some sense of privacy. I couldn't get the water to get warm in the shower the next morning. On the positive side, the breakfast was plentiful, cooked to order, and very tasty. Again, Manfred is a kind and courteous and helpful host. But I need a few more amenities from a hotel room when I travel alone. The price was reasonable, but I will pay more for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Heavenlyday
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at La Pyramide, and can not say enough good things about Manfred and his staff. We stayed in the Tutankhamun room, which is beautiful and has it's own patio overlooking the courtyard. The rooms and the grounds are very well taken care of and clean, with A/C and hot showers (suicide showers but they work just fine). Manfred went over and above for us, arranging pickup and drop off at the airport, and generally making us feel spoiled while we were there. Breakfast was brought up to us, he helped with travel arrangements to the Corn Islands, and was a wealth of information. We look forward to staying with them again every time we return to Nica. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ToddL71
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was our last hotel we stayed at the end of our two week back through Nicaragua, and it was a lovely way to end it. Manfred the hotel owner was gracious and sweet, and took us on a tour of the town. Not only were the rooms spotless and the A/C great, they serve amazing food. We had some of the best vegetarian food in the entire country. Next trip to Nicaragua we will be staying here without a shadow of a doubt.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Had a quick stopover in Managua. Didn't feel like braving the city, so decided to stay here. What a great choice (if I do say so myself)! Manfred is super friendly and accommodating. Taxi pickup was arranged beautifully, rooms were clean and airy. Cable tv, great ac, clean, non-stinky bathrooms. Comfy bed. Room service with a full dinner menu, and everything cooked to order. Can't recommend this place enough!!

• Stayed July 2012