“Wicked hotel, wicked owner!”
Review of Hotel La Pyramide

Hotel La Pyramide
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Fernie, Canada
“Wicked hotel, wicked owner!”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This place is pretty amazing. The owner us up from the airport and drive us to the hotel. He's very friendly and very informative. The hotel is lovely. We were upgraded to the suite at the top of the pyramid. Comfy bed, warm water, a/c or fan. Will
Definitely be staying again upon our return to Managua.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed in Managua for only one night and choose la pyramid after reading all the good reviews. We got intouch with manfred the owner via e-mail and he answered us right away which was awesome of him. We asked him for detailes about buses going to Guatemala and he checked it for us and made sure will have places on the bus. Never during our 3.5 months of traveling have we encountered such a nice and helpful hotel owner. He even made sure we will have sandwiches and juice for the bus ride. What a wonderful stay. Thank you manfred!
We highly recommend la pyramid.

• Stayed September 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I went to Managua for work for the 3rd time -- usually I stay in the big chain hotels (Intercontinental, Seminole, Hilton, etc.) since this is what is usually booked for me or I am with a group of collegues and it is the easiest thing to book from abroad. This time, nothing was free in our usual hotel options so I went onto TripAdvisor to see what it had to say -- La Pyramide came out as #1 and I'm so glad I booked it! The decor is beautiful and unique, the owners Manfred and Sandra so friendly and welcoming and willing to help you out with anything you need, and I was treated with made-to-order vegetarian food. I'll be staying here next time too:)

Room Tip: Tutankamun is on the 2nd floor (1st for Europeans), is spacious, and has a beautiful balcony
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed at La Pyramide based on all the reviews on Trip Advisor and especially because of Manfred's reputation. Manfred was very quick to respond to my emails and questions. After making my reservation, I found out that Manfred would not be there and I almost changed my reservation. I am so glad that I decided to stay because the staff was so wonderful. I was greeted with a cold glass of jamaica juice- which was perfect after a hot ride from Granada. The staff paid attention to me, but did not hover. I had a very yummy dinner on the porch upstairs while watching a storm come into Managua. The beds were comfortable and the rooms had air conditioning which was a welcome relief from the humidity. William even got up at 4:00 in the morning and made me breakfast and coffee before my 5 am departure. I am disappointed that I had less than 12 hours at the hotel and will definitely stay at La Pyramide when I return to Nicaragua. Maybe on that trip, I will be able to meet the wonderful Manfred y Sandra.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The title is a direct quote from Manfred, after I reminded him of some items I used from the reasonably-priced minibar that he missed on the bill. He goes out of his way to make sure you are comfortable; in fact, he sent his driver to the airport to pick us up from the Corn Islands, even though we never told him which flight we would be on. The food is excellent, the place is very nice (and in a safe area), and Manfred and his staff go out of their way to make you comfortable in every way. He wasn't busy the second night we stayed there nad he upgraded us to the honeymoon suite at the top of the pyramid for no charge. Stay here -- no question about it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Allerød, Denmark
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We went to Nicaragua to visit our daughter who was volunteering as a hiking guide and stayed for two separate nights before and after our trip to the Corn Islands. Manfred arranged for transportation both to and from the airport both times, which was very nice and convenient. He drove us himself three of the four times and is very knowledgeable about all aspects of Middle America. He even included a city tour on one of the occasions, which was really great. The hotel is very nice and clean with very fast Internet and nice rooms. Our daughter even got her own room for free both times, because business was slow at those particular days. Meanwhile my wife and I slept in the Ramses room which was great. It was a bit difficult to find our way to the restaurants and back, so it would be a good idea for the hotel to hand out a small, custom-made map. There is no doubt that we will visit again if we should ever go back to Nicaragua. Well done Manfred!

Room Tip: Reserve in advance! You will get a fast reply and will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I just got back from Nicaragua three days ago and wanted to share my experience at Las Pyramides. I was there with a church group, and we had a wonderful experience. Manfred was an amazing host and even spent time teaching us about local fruit. He gave us gifts of fruit to take with us, and was so very kind. We will go back next year and you can be sure we will be visiting the pyramid! Thanks Manfred!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business