“Good value, good service, good location”

Hotel El Almendro Managua
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Spokane, Washington
“Good value, good service, good location”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed 5 days at this hotel in Managua
Pros:
Good service. The hotel staff was very polite, helpful and responsive
Good location. Very near shopping mall, buses to Granada, restaurants and walking area
Good value: Not superfancy but clean, well kept, includes continental style breakfast
Cons:
Internet is weak. We had to change rooms because signal would not reach our room. Check your internet connection when they assign your room.
Even when connected, the signal is good enough for email but don't expect to download or upload a lot of files or movies
No restaurant. If you are hungry late at night they'll call for a pizza or fried chicken to be brought in...but no dining on the premises. There are restaurants nearby but I was a little leery of walking the streets at night.
No English spoken: only one of the people at the front desk spoke any English and she wasn't there a lot of the time. Carry a Spanish dictionary with you. We speak broken Spanish so we were OK

Room Tip: Try the internet in the room before you unpack your bags
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2013

this is my favorite place in Managua to stay people are very friendly, its clean, close to everything mall, restaurants movie theater bus stop college .its in a very safe area if your looking for a hotel in Managua this is a great place to stay. the manager Ericka is the best!!!

Ron Stein
Texas

Room Tip: all the rooms are great
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fallbrook, California, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had the opportunity to stay at the El Almendro last week. We found the place to be super clean with large rooms and a beautiful pool area. Slept like a baby and felt rested in the morning. Our flight was early and we our wake up call was on time and friendly. The people made our stay seamless, safe and comfortable. I look forward to staying at the El Almendro when I return to Nicarauga in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I discovered this little gem as I was leaving Nicaragua and was so impressed that I will definitively be visiting again. The hotel is very conveniently located next to Metrocentro but it is a complete different world than the hustle and bustle of Managua. I found a quiet oasis of tranquility complete with peaceful and lovely grounds, spacious, vibrant rooms, that are very tastefully decorated and a full dinette to boot!
Just minutes away there is so much to do as we visited and had dinner at the Galeria with it's world class restaurants and entertainment in a very safe and clean atmosphere.
I had a plane to catch early in the morning and the staff was more than helpful and available at 4:00 am in the morning!!
This place definitively gets all of my stars....I just wish I had more to give. A return visit is a sure thing! Thanx El Almendro!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room #5 which had brand new linens, 2 comfortable queen sized beds, A/C, a kitchenette c...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was a great hotel for our trip to Nicaragua. We were only in Managua one night, but this hotel was great. Nice comfy rooms with ac and a delicious breakfast!! Fresh fruit, gallo pinto and eggs anyways you like. The staff was fabulous and let us pull our car onto the property so it was watched all night. There was also a guard who roamed the property all night as well. Wold stay here again on my next visit to Nicaragua.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at El Almendro for 3 days by myself and was extremely pleased with everything about my stay. The room was comfortable and clean: large bed, TV, air-conditioning and ceiling fan, phone, private bathroom. Couldn't think of anything else to ask for. Breakfast is a great mix of eggs/gallo pinto, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, toast. I had my breakfast sitting next to the pool and the tropical flowers and plants - very relaxing! The hotel is centrally located - you can walk to Metrocentro and you can catch a taxi down the block at the main road to anywhere you need to go. I also felt very safe inside the hotel; it was an oasis from the rest of chaotic Managua. I had a car with me and they had a secure parking spot inside the hotel. There are common areas around the hotel that are also very nice for sitting and relaxing, reading, meeting with people, ordering food in to eat, etc. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were always willing to help me with whatever I asked - and that includes everybody: receptionists, cleaning staff, breakfast staff, security guards. I thought the price was very reasonable considering the location and how comfortable and pleasant it was inside the hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room right across from the kitchen where breakfast was prepared, and that could be a l...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family spent one night here after we first arrived in Nicaragua. The staff is helpful and pleasant. The rooms are nice, as are the grounds, the pool, and the breakfast. It is on a side street adjacent to a busy main road lined with street vendors, which is a fun place to walk around and buy some local fruits. There's a mall right there, but honestly, skip this--it's a carbon copy of any mall you've ever been to. Everything I read before going to Nicaragua made Managua sound like a mess, but this particular neighborhood was safe and pretty cool. The pool is small, but my 5 year old son loved it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family