“Good Hotel.”
Review of Mansion Teodolinda

Mansion Teodolinda
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I arrived on July 14, 2013, the hotel was a bit hard to find so we paid a taxi and followed him since we were driving. The Ladies at the front desk were so helpful and very nice. We went up to our room that was standard but clean, the cold enough and the restroom clean.

We came down to eat at the restaurant, all the waiters were watching tv but stopped as we went inside. The service was good but the food was not to our liking, the ham sandwich I ordered had to slices of bread and a piece of ham, not appealing to the eye.

The next morning was a bit noisy but it is a Capital city. The employees were all nice but only one of them greeted us with a propper good morning.

Over all is a good hotel for the price, but only if you are using it to sleep there and spend a few hours, oh yeah the swimming pool is refreshing.

Take care of yourself.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jmoyo1
Neville_A_Cross, Propietario at Mansion Teodolinda, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thanks for your feedback, it help us improve.

Managua can be a very confusing city, but Mansión Teodolinda is a land mark, so it is easy to ask for directions.

I will look into sandwiches. Usually I ask random orders to verify quality, but I tend to focus on more elaborated dishes. I will talk to staff about been polite.

Your comment has been helpful

There are newer reviews for Mansion Teodolinda

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I just returned home after a whirlwind trip to Nicaragua to get married! I was SO happy that I picked this hotel. It was clean and the people were nice and friendly.. we enjoyed the very nice breakfast every morning (included in the room price) and we had one of the rooms with the small kitchen and that was very helpful! I loved the large bottled water tanks in the hallways ..., the modern safe in the closet, the security, and the comfy beds and the AC! I would stay here again FOR SURE!

Room Tip: The room called a single standard was what I picked and the small frig and microwave was very nice t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justmarriedinApril
Neville_A_Cross, Propietario at Mansion Teodolinda, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

We strive to serve our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and also that you appreciated the improvements with the safe box. Breakfast always have been great, that's something you can count on at Mansion Teodolinda. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This review is really a note of thanks for the wonderful service I received from the employees (front desk, restaurant, drivers) during my stay. This hotel was the only one (of several similarly-priced hotels in Managua) I emailed beforehand that actually wrote back with answers to all my questions. I will stay here again the next time I have an overnight in Managua.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gina P
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Came here for business in Managua for two nights. The taxi was able to find it fairly easy. Check-in was a breeze as I had reservations. I can't say if I would walk around by myself after dark, so I asked the front desk for a taxi and they brought around one of their own cars and took me out and promptly picked me up 2 hours later at my request! It was a decent price that was billed to me at check-out.

The room itself was nice, nothing fancy, but very clean. Bathroom was simple and clean. The breakfast was decent, but nothing to write home about.

Also noted, they had a car ready for me to take me to the airport, on time, dependable, and fairly priced! Would come back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank justin w
Reviewed November 24, 2011

After a disastrous encounter with another hotel in the area I approached the manager of this hotel and negotiated an excellent long term rate to stay for a month. I was given a choice of rooms and these were huge, spotless, and had every possible requirement included (full cooking facilities, equipment, liquidizer, toaster, etc.)

Hotel security was at all times excellent. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. They insisted I use the hotel transport for my own security and this was free of charge. A simple thing like a trip to the bank or stores was facilitated in every way.

The restaurant was first class with a wonderful selection. Quality here was 5 star.

The swimming pool area was relaxing and at all times perfectly maintained.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at this beautiful hotel and have never encountered a staff as professional and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ismiseseamus
Reviewed May 20, 2011

This place was recommended to me by a fellow student at my Spanish school. The AC room was comfortable and the bathroom had a hot shower. There was a nice American-style breakfast in the morning. There was a pool which was clean and really nice to jump into in the sweltering Managua weather.

The provided transportation to the airport which was comparable in price to a taxi. I probably wouldn't go on a walk around the neighborhood after dark, but not many places in Managua you would want to do that anyway.

I stayed here my last night in Nicaragua and felt that it was a fairly good value for the money

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank aprilS72
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night. We arrive at the Managua airport around 9pm and all we really needed in a hotel was a hot shower and a comfortable bed. This hotel had both of those so we were very pleased. The breakfast was also really good with very attentive staff serving.

We didn't spend any more time in the hotel so I can't comment on their other services but we did notice that the location was not that tourist friendly. It didn't appear as if you should be walking around especially at night. Anyway, the front desk staff were very helpful and the room was moderately prices. It was a great launching pad for our Nicaragua adventures.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple