“Deliciousness with Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Meson Real

Meson Real
Ranked #6 of 327 Restaurants in Managua
Cuisines: European, Spanish, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Meson Real is a restaurant with open kitchen and menu , which allows us to offer the freshest ingredients we find every day and our guests, if they wish, can see our Chef Gustavo prepare food. We never sacrifice quality of food we serve it for the world ! We cook and serve to see the happy faces of our customers !!!
Jinotega, Nicaragua
“Deliciousness with Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch at Meson Real. I spend most of my time in rural Nicaragua, and it was refreshing to have some more eclectic palate options, which was a little overwhelming at first. I settled on the catch of the day (white bass) with garlic potatoes and steamed vegetables, accompanied with a tasty glass of sangria. It was a reasonably-sized portion, and good flavor.

There is a beautiful patio, but I choose to sit inside as it was a rather windy day. The service was prompt and polite, and patient with my Spanish.

• Visited March 2014

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Much nicer location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

We have been to Meson Real in Leon and compared to that location, the current place is much nicer, much quieter and one can have a conversation while having dinner. There is also seating outside in a nice small garden.

Service was friendly and efficient.

As for food, I am sorry to say that we were rather disappointed. We had Callos a la Madrilena, it was good, but not earth shaking. We also tried the ancestral dish corvina reyna al Chile, which was ok, but not great. When it came to the dish camarones del chef with yuca, we really should have asked more questions. I guess we expected the really tasty camarones de chef dish we had in Leon. But it was not that, and besides yuca was deep-fried making it taste rather like fast food. So, for the price it was also not good enough.

So all in all, I would say it was a real nice place with really nice people and we did not order the right dishes. From what we tasted I would say food was rather mediocre for the high price. But, we are glad we tried the place.

• Visited January 2014