“Good Hotel In Managua”
Review of Hotel Los Robles

Hotel Los Robles
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed February 20, 2009

I stayed two night at the front and back end of a tour of Nicaragua which was hosted by Tours Nicaragua on a Sunday night and a Friday night. Reception was prompt and very politel The room for both nights was small but adequate. Beds were very comfortable and there was no noise from the street or the area. I tried happy hour and it was good with wine and some cookies served in the atrium area. Dinner was also good and the price was reasonable. Wine was high for the area in my opinion.

Internet service in the business service was equivalent to the best that I´ve seen in many large hotels in major cities of the US and Europe. I was able to download and print boarding passes very quickly for my flights after my tour.

I found the Hotel Los Robles to be an excellent starting and ending point for my tour of Nicaragua which included climbing the active volcanoes of Cerro Negro and San Cristobal and two days-nights on the Isla de Ometepe. Staff was great and the scenery and things to see and do were quite interesting.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank photoguy66degrees

Reviewed October 29, 2008

My husband and I had no reservation - but had heard wonderful things about Hotel Los Robles. We pulled in about 5:30 pm and there happened to be one room available. For the price in Managua ($100 for a night) you expect everything to be excellent. First the TV - which was as small as they come for a hotel, did not work - the front desk person was very helpful but it took nearly 30 minutes to fix it. The bed was old and soft - not comfortable for someone with a bad back. But still, we were committed to stay. I decided to run a bath - the tub was luxurious - but the water came out so slow and barely hot that after an hour of filling, it was luke warm and only ankle deep. The staff offered to boil water to fill it but at 8 1/2 months pregnant I only wanted to find another hotel - I was tired and did not want the inconvenience. They said no problem and then tried to charge us the full $100!!!! We had been there 3 hours - 1 hour of which I spent dealing with the tub and 1 hour arguing with them. I argued for nearly an hour - while having Braxton Hicks contractions and breathing thru my discomfort - and finally we paid $40 for our inconvenience- this type of customer service is absolutely unacceptable - i have never been treated so poorly at a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank odiedoodaday
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I love this hotel. I travel to Nicaragua often and now I will stay here during my short ventures to Managua. The food is wonderful and the staff is present with out being annoying. I am a single women that likes to travel alone often and I felt very safe here. I have stayed at all the top hotels in Managua but I love this one because of the personal touch that the staff provides.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank winifredbee
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Pretty little hotel in a residential area away from the town centre. The 14 rooms are set around an attractive central courtyard with pools and fountains.
The rooms were quite nice and very clean with good air conditioning. The bed was comfortable.
Our outside private patio was tiny and surrounded by 6 foot walls so we had no view and it was like sitting inside. I'm not sure if any of the others were better.
The hotel does have a eating area but we were the only ones eating there and there is no food after 9pm. There is a choice of two meals each evening and the food was OK but nothing special.
There are a few restaurants and bars just down the road.
The man at reception spoke good English but non of the other staff seemed to.
OK for a few nights but too out of the way for much longer, but only 20 mins from airport.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2008

Our room was tastefully furnished and air conditioned...not dark or dingy at all. the bathroom was spacious....the only annoying thing was that the shower curtain placement was 1/5 of the way inside the tub....so it was always in the way......doesn't seem like nicaraguan builders are very detail oriented, but the hot water was nice. breakfast was so-so.
the staff were super friendly and helpful. The location was great for walking to stuff....lots of restaurants nearby. and a great little coffee house....el gatob***....something er other....

ladies, don't try to pamper yourself at 'clips' salon down the street.... the massage and facial were painful and counterproductive.

do go to the french restaurant across the street....

and please always always negotiate with the taxi drivers....as they almost always quote a 30-50% higher rate for tourists.

the hotel charges 25 usd for an airport pick up...but you can get a cab for 5-7 usd

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yehsharona
Reviewed June 5, 2008

I stayed at Los Robles in May.Rooms are set round a courtyard with fountain and greenery. My room was large, but dark and painted a dingy beige.Nice colonial style furniture. Tiny tv. No fridge. Comfortable bed. Big bathroom, good shower, but no mosquito netting over the window.
Breakfast was ok but nothing special. Staff ok. Location is good, lots of places to eat and bars in the vicinity plus shops approx 10 mins walk. I stayed here as Casa Naranja was fully booked, given the choice Casa Naranja is friendlier and has more character.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank SGM67
Reviewed December 26, 2007

Los Robles is a small hotel located in one of the best areas of Managua. My room was quiet and comfortable - a little dark, but this was actually a blessing in that sunny, steamy city. The staff are friendly and the breakfast is terrific, including two different types of fresh juice.

Managua is a very odd and confusing city, but Los Robles is perfectly located for eating out. There were a couple of nice cafes and restaurants within a 3-5 walk, and many others a bit farther away. It felt safe walking at night, though you really do have to watch for big holes in the sidewalk. Also nearby (3 minutes walk) is an English-language bookstore; another few minutes stroll down a couple of side streets is a terrific chocolate-maker called Momotombo. That one's a little hard to find, despite the big banner over the main street, so you might need to ask for directions.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo