“Absolutely wonderful”
Review of Hotel Los Robles

Hotel Los Robles
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been to Nicaragua twice within 9 months and I stayed here a few nights. Ingrid and the gentlemen that work the reception area at night are by far my favorite!! There was another young lady who was rather "mousy" or "catty" upon my arrival this time around. The rest of the staff are charming and very inviting. I consider this place my home away from home! It's always clean- and I never had any problem with my room not being in order. They have a computer you can use free of charge which I think is awesome! They are also very helpful... They have happy hour drinks- which no other hotel had that I stayed, not even the Intercontinental which is also up to par!

Room Tip: 11 or 14 I think? Check the air conditioning first--
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pamela A
There are newer reviews for Hotel Los Robles

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed for a week at the Hotel Robles, while being on business in Managua. It was a great stay: nice rooms, beautifull patio, good breakfast buffet included, and the swimming pool is great to relax in the evenings. The location is very good as weel, in walking distance of a series of excellent resturants, a bakery, and an artesania shop.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank baboeni
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed at Los Robles for three days for a business trip, and couldn't have been happier! The hotel is small with only something like 14 rooms surrounding an open air courtyard and common lounge area. Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful! The hotel has all the amenities you'd expect of a large upscale chain hotel, such as a/c, free wifi, laundry services, hairdryer, a small garden with outside seating off of most rooms, and a complimentary "happy hour" each night for guests. The breakfast each morning was great and had both a buffett with cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast, meats and cheeses, and pastries. You could also order hot dishes like huevos rancheros and other more traditional breakfasts (I'm not sure if these items were also included). Everything I ate in the hotel was freshly prepared and tasted great. The neighborhood has some good restaurants and popular bars within a short, safe walking distance. The hotel is gated and guarded by a 24 hour security guard so I never felt unsafe as a single female traveling on my own.

The only complaint, if I had to give one, was in my room (#5) there weren't very many places to put things down, and it would have been nice to have something as simple as a row of hooks on the wall for towels, bags, etc.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kaieisle
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel is quite a gem with a convenient location in Managua. Rooms are comfortable and very well appointed with basic amenities. They have a great breakfast buffet and other options from their menu. There is a small "happy hour" for guests every night, which is a pleasant treat! The staff is very friendly and can help with almost any problem you might have such as laundry, taxis, directions, etc. As some of the other reviewers have mentioned, there is a problem with hot water in the showers, but to be honest, if you know how hot Managua can be, this is really not a problem...

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are close to the common eating area, so if that is a problem with noise request a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Makali B
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at Los Robles. While we didn't expect too much, we were pleaseantly surprised. Clean rooms and reception area, nice relaxing pool, and a wonderful meal. Thanks for making the start of our stay wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Racer_X_62
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We hadn't planned on staying in Managua but we made a last minute detour to the city. We had tried to get into the Hotel Naranja, but they were full and they recommended Los Robles. A lovely, small Colonial Inn with fine amenities, close to very cool bars and restaurants, in an upscale neighbourhood. The staff was very attentive and courteous. The courtyard is lovely. They have a happy hour and a nice breakfast. Pedro the doorman arranged a car for some errands I needed to run in the city--very efficient and reasonable. If I had a complaint it's that our room was small and pretty dark--but we may have gotten the last one available, since we booked last minute. All in all I'd highly recommend it, for business or for pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I usually stay at the Hotel Almendro in Managua but wanted to try a little more upscale hotel for our last trip. What a disappointment. The biggest issue was the lack of hot water. They have no spare parts, heating elements, on sight and it is two weeks to get new ones. The toilet was broken and would not fill without us taking off the top each time and moving the parts by hand. No secure parking lot. You have to leave your car outside on the street in Managua. The Hotlel Roble is not worth the price. Stay at the Almendro, avoid all these problems, and save $50 per night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple