“What an awesome experience”
Review of Ceiba Tour - Day Tours - CLOSED

Ceiba Tour - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Ceibatour & Services is a tourism and multiservices for travelers, our goal is to change the whole definition of traveling focused in costumer services. At Ceiba Tour we seek to keep the tradition of our ancestors alive through the celebration of the beauty of the natural resources, the magic of nature and rich history of El Salvador & Nicaragua. We hope to give you a first class tour experience.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to stumble across Rafael's tour company on trip advisor prior to our trip to Managua. It was hands down the BEST EXPERIENCE(S) we had in Managua and I recommend everyone to hire Ceiba Tours. We had traveled to Nicaragua for my best friends wedding and had a few free days before the big day. We hired Rafael to sight see and via email we collaborated to create 2 custom day trips for us. On our tour days he was incredibly flexible so if one stop was taking longer then planned, no worries! He was so generous and incredibly helpful. He even brought us to the grocery store to pick up waters and snacks prior to taking us back to our hotel the first day. When we were with Rafael, we didn't need to worry about anything, he had planned our day, we had safe transportation and we knew where we were going every step of the way. When we go back to Managua, we will definitely be hiring Rafael again. He was a joy to be with for 2 day and worth every penny, we would have paid more!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I spent 11 days traveling with Ceiba Tours in late June 2013. This was our first visit to Nicaragua, and we were a little apprehensive. We could not have asked for a better guide than Rafael. He put us at ease instantly with his friendly and professional attitude. He does his job with a lot of gusto. One can easily tell he really loves what he does, and truly enjoys interacting with his clients. We loved all the travel suggestions he offered and learned a fair amount of Spanish while doing so. His knowledge of interesting places to see and driving skill (shortcutting slowdowns) was amazing. My wife and I both really considered him a friend after spending a day or two with him. He knows a lot of good restaurants, hotels, places to see, and places to avoid! We felt very safe, comfortable, and entertained the whole eleven days! I am sure after reading the other reviews, you will have to agree, Rafael is the best. When we plan more trips to El Salvador and Nicaragua, we will always use Ceiba Tours! Places we visited included Volcan Mombacho, Volcan Masaya, Granada, San Juan de Oriente, Ometepe, Finca Magdalena, San Juan del Sur, and many other towns on the way.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We only had one full day to spend in Managua and wanted to make the best of it. I'm so glad we chose Ceiba Tour! You couldn't ask for a better tour guide than Rafael. He was extremely knowledgable and friendly.

He planned the entire day and it was exactly what we wanted. We went to Volcan Mombacho and Masaya. He also took us to Grenada and the market in Masaya which were not originally planned. He went out of his way to make sure we had a good trip and it was greatly appreciated! I definitely recommend him and would not consider another tour company my next trip there!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

There are no words to describe how thankful and delighted we are with Ceiba Tours for our experience. Rafael planned our 10 day trip to Nicaragua and it was the best choice we made!! He was very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend booking Ceiba Tours for an amazing vacation in Nicaragua, especially for first timers.

1  Thank Landa C
See more reviews
Reviewed May 19, 2013

When we decided to go to Nicaragua for Spring Break, my wife was a little anxious about what to expect, given our lack of Spanish skills and first trip to Central America.

The best thing we did was to book with Rafael. He took the time to understand our interests and to shape a tour he felt would best fit - and he did just that.

He is a warm hearted, respectful and knowledgeable guide, and we quickly came to feel like insiders as he navigated us through the pueblos blancos, the volcanoes, and the Managua market. Even though we were staying in Granada for five days, after delivering us from the airport he drove down from Managua each day to take us on a tour, and at the end of our time he drove us up to Leon, via a very nice stay at a beautiful, secluded miles long stretch of sand on the Pacific.

A few days later, he came back to Leon to pick us up and take us back to the airport in Managua.

One of our favorite memories is seeing the men holding up iguanas at the side of the highway for sale. My wife asked Rafael if he knew how much they cost. He said he would find out and he pulled over to ask, and took some pictures for us.

Then on the way to the airport, with my wife lamenting that she should have purchased a piece of San Juan Del Oriente pottery, Rafael said that he still had time to take us back to the large Managua market en route. He quickly took us through the maze to the pottery sellers and asked us if he should help us negotiate. We said yes, and a fair price was quickly established. My wife had her San Juan del Oriente pottery and before we knew it he was dropping us off at the airport.

We are looking forward to our next visit to Nicaragua and seeing Rafael again. Highly recommended.

2  Thank wr1