“Not my favorite dining experience in Nica”
Review of Chik Chak

Chik Chak
Ranked #44 of 363 Restaurants in Managua
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a stylish italian restaurant, with great night atmosphere and the best lunch menu in the city. We are fond of happy hours and serve fresh fish, meat, pasta and coffee.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We met some local friends here who really love this place. I can see the appeal. The atmosphere is modern and fun and the food had the the potential to be awesome. Except mine wasn't. It wasn't that it was bad it just wasn't memorable. I have eaten a lot in Nica and some food and restaurants just stick with you. Nica food can be boring and bland and some places try to emulate other cuisines. Some do it well and others are a mixed bag. Chik Chak was one of those. Some of the food I heard was good from what my friends around me were saying. But mine was just ok. Bland and just missing something. I would have rather had gallopinto with some plantains.

1  Thank Valerie H

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Our group of 8 enjoyed desserts and after dinner drinks here. The pours of gin and vodka were generous.
The highlight was the ice cream drink with a shot of espresso which was decadent! Service was good.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Great food! the pizzas are one of the best in town. The service is great and the environment is relaxing, loungy. Good place to go on a date y just have dinner with friends!

1  Thank Pasther01
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This restaurant is suppose to be an italian like tratoria, but misses the spot by a long shot, I have visited this place at least three times, and this last time was strike three. Although the service is very good, the quality of the food is lacking a lot. Ordered Bruschetas and got some flat waffle-so-called-bruscheta-bread acompained with some arrugula (apparently they ran out of basil) and end up with a mostly two entire tomates chop slices all over my plate (too much tomato). Then ordered a dish of pasta with funghi and creme. And the pasta was bland, not "al dente" at all, on top of that, the mushrooms were undercooked, which I really even find hard to accomplish on purpose, lastly, I ordered a cheesecake (to give desserts a chance) and what they got on the table was the thinnest slice possible of a cheesecake that barely filled one mouthful, honestly, this restaurant/pub/tratoria is going down by the minute on the food department. Won´t be visiting again, not recommend it.

1  Thank RudolphGlen
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I went because of a lot of recommendations.

The food was plain and did not taste good at all. Greasy. No flavor. Then, I spent the entire night throwing up. I guess my stomach even less happy than my taste buds! Never again.

1  Thank moanish33