“The Wrong Choice when traveling to Managua”
Review of Hotel Seminole

Hotel Seminole
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I have to travel five or six times a year to Nicaragua for business. I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago, when the hotel was still property of the Seminole Tribe, and it was a good deal indeed. A couple of weeks ago I made the terrible mistake of staying there for two nights before simply walking away to another hotel nearby, where I stayed the next three nights.
The staff was rude, the room was filthy and the food –that was not good even when the Seminoles were in charge- was especially bad. I ended up eating at a mall that is like 5 blocks away. I complained to no use.
And like if all this wasn’t enough, all the time there were armed men in the building, not security staff but bodyguards of government officials that seemed to crow the hotel. I only had the chance to meet one or two guests that appeared to be tourists or business people.
There are plenty of hotels in Managua: just try to skip this one for your own safety. The country is beautiful and most of the people –except police and immigration officers- are really nice and kind.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Apoteos23

Reviewed April 25, 2009

Last week I made a mistake and stayed at the Seminole Plaza Hotel. The staff was rude, breakfast was mediocre, and my room was never properly cleaned. Thank goodness I only stayed there one night. And to top it off, I learned that the Seminole is now owned by a Venezuelan-Nicaraguan joint venture tied to the Sandinista government of President Daniel Ortega. I wish I would have known this fact before I made a reservation-- I definitely do not want my hard earned money to go towards these individuals.

Next time I visit Managua, I will be staying at a different hotel!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank jazzygrl
Reviewed February 22, 2009

Excellent staff, great food, nice pools, very comfortable beds, fluffy towels, clean, nearby nice places to eat, great value, what more can i say???

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Staff were all very professional and courteous. Buffet breakfast was excellent with a great mix of food to cater to both North and Central Americans.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed May 25, 2008

I was attracted by the pretty exterior and web site of this hotel. I also thought the lobby made a good impression, and the people really were extra friendly. I had several problems during my stay, and my over-all impression was that they are over-selling themselves. Had they listed as a three star, my feeling would have been different.

The air conditioning is an in-wall unit, and mine iced up. The room became really hot in the middle of the night. The internet did not work, finally solved by bringing a wireless modem to the room, but had to unplug a lamp to get that plugged in. In fact, the armoire for the TV had a bright orange extension cord coming out the back to plug its contents into. Numerous power interruptions were accompanied by a delay in the generator coming on, disabling elevators, etc.

I would recommend if could be had in the $75 range

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ascrrcwv
Reviewed May 8, 2008

We were on a property development tour called "Choose Nicaragua" by Coldwell Bankers... We were put up here by them and it was a pleasant and charming experience. The staff are very helpful and the waiters go above and beyond with there service!!!
After our tour we stayed here another 3 days as we loved the pool and service! The rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Our second night in Managua was spent at the Seminole. We had spent our first at the Intercontinental but our departure from Managua was delayed by a day (an aeorplane ran off the runway at the airport) so we had to find somewhere to stay for another night

The hotel has a Spanish feel running right through it and the staff were generally helpful. The top floor bar is definately worth a visit for the views (more a matter of getting your bearings rather than admiring anything!) and the bar tender was most efficient and pleasant.

The room was clean and comfortable without being exceptional.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Travelers also viewed these Managua hotels
Hilton Princess Managua
#15 of 50 in Managua
Hotel Mozonte
Hotel Mozonte
#19 of 50 in Managua

Been to Hotel Seminole? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Seminole

Address: De Bancentro carretera a Masaya 1c oeste 1c al sur, Managua 00505, Nicaragua
Location: Nicaragua > Managua Department > Managua
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Price Range: $77 - $143 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Seminole 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Seminole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Seminole Plaza Managua