“Hotel Review in Managua Nicaragua”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Managua
Bakersfield, California
“Hotel Review in Managua Nicaragua”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

A nice hotel located in a secure area of the city. Room a little small and dated, carpets worn and bathroom generally a little run down for the status and price. HOWEVER - Dining Room Exceptionally clean and well managed, comfortable and secure; excellent quality of food whether from menu or buffet line; Dining staff exceptionally attentive and bi-lingual (English important and a plus for me). Took most of my meals there.Desk staff very helpful despite some occasional language barrier - Presidential level dignitaries staying there at the time added to security - no inconvenience to guests observed. Bar small but cozy comfortable and service there exceptional also. Service staff really responsible for the positives. No furniture, chairs umbrella for room patio - Refrig but no microwave, coffee maker inconvenient. Close to small plaza and other food options. Hotel authorized taxis sometimes a bit higher but service and vehicles consistent and safe. To avoid nuisance - Rx using the USA Dollar currency vs Nic Cordoba

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of hotel offer more all around view, interest, End rooms have patios, air freshn...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank A F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I usually stay at this property when visiting Nicaragua. I rate their staff 5+star. Their courtesy and willigness to help is beyond my excpectations. Every time I entered the hotel, the doors were opened for me. I have no idea how everyone remembers my name with so many guesst on a daily basis.. The free breakfast is delightful, fresh fruits, eggs made to your liking along with many local and international dishes. Mr. Morgan and Connie make you feel just as if you are eating breakfast at home. A convention center is located accross the street along with a well supplied supermarket, movie theather, banks and a few restaurants.
I give it a 3 star because the hotel is oudated, crying for refurbishment. The rooms are clean.A/C works great. The carpet and bathrooms are showing their age. The hotel staff will make you forget the small inconvenieces of an older hotel. If you are in a business trip and planning not to spend a lot of time in your room go for it! I would stay at the Crown rather that at the newer Intercontinental Hotel near Metro Center. I found the staff borderline rude and arrogant.

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite if it is within your budget.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank marcella k
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear marcella k,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I went to Managua for Business. I booked this hotel not expecting much because before this time, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and it was very disappointed. As soon as I get there, I found that the hotel is much better located; nice area, closest to the Malecon and, at least my room, has the lake view.

Nice and warming reception at Friont Desk and they recognize the Status of my IHG. I arrived at 10am and no matter of that, I did get the room.

Clean, big space, nice view and very good internet speed and coverage at the room. No complaints. The hotel has a nice outside pool and gym.

The hotel food was OK, my reason to not give 5 stars, but if you want, you can try external restaurants around the hotel.

Also, there is a small shopping mall just crossing the street, in case you want to see a movie or do some last minute shopping.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Healdsburg, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

A business class hotel similar to the IHC Metro Center but not nearly as nice, or luxurious. Common areas seem older, more worn. I paid extra for a suite but and was given a very large but odd shaped room with a small bed not at all what I expected. Given the choice, I would stay at Metro Center instead of here, but it will do in a fix.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank john_northbay
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear john_northbay,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you liked our friendly staff service. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Metro Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was on a short business trip and the hotel was just convenient for me. The lobby is ok but the room was really old and small. I guess it is really starting to show its age. The bed is very firm . There is a convention center just across the road which i guess is why it is convenient. There is a small supermarket nearby. There are 3 dining options, a Japanese restaurant, ala carte and a Chinese restaurant. We tried the Chinese place and it was good. Service is fast and the food was not too bad.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear combat66,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room. We are also sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the bed. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Marbella, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

While the hotel seems stuck in another era and needs urgent refurbishment, the staff are a delight!
Breakfast was certainly decent too.

The odor in our room and quality of bedding were rather suboptimal and it certainly wasn't terribly clean.

Anyway, staff gets maximum points!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChickCam
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear ChickCam,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and the breakfast selections we offer. We would like to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Campbellford, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I've been told this hotel has been a landmark in Managua for almost 50 years (Howard Hughes stayed here). It looks like the hotel hasn't been renovated in all that time. The lobby was clean, but my room was dirty and very dated. The carpets were absolutely filthy.
On the other hand, the service was wonderful. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
Overall, I found this hotel to be over-priced. It would not be my first choice on my next stay in Managua.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank petercam56
Dear petercam56,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you liked the service you received. We would like to apologize you were not well satisfied with the over-all condition of our hotel. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M