“Crowne Plaza”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent service..which is always the most important to me...or us..I should say..minor inconveniences however...as RMintx mentioned, the carpet is long overdue for replacement...in addition..the closet was the weirdest ever..instead of the security box being on the shelf as in most hotels..it was positioned behind the rod where the clothing would hang..precluding anyone from ever hanging anything in there..the other side or half of the closet had the ironing board holder set up on the wall behind where the clothes would hang freely..so one would have to take their clothes out of the closet, to get the ironing board out...soo not enough room in the closet since half was taken up by the security deposit box....the bathroom small..small enough that two people could not really be in there simultaneoulsy..and so it seemed the stool was too close to the door..otherwise..very clean..and everyone seemed at the ready to serve the customers..ssoo..for a short weekend not bad...a larger room would've been nice..oh..one more thing..we were given a room with a "view" of the lake..but the lake was hardly visible at all and only in a small section.a very small part..again..EVERYONE was friendly, helpful..and attentive...at the reception, entrance, restaurant, and on the the maids on the floor.No coffee maker in our room, tho. Went to the restaurant later after breakfast and beforel lunch, for coffee..and it was complimentary..that was nice..The staff is just excellent..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
MGAHA, Staff Crowne Plaza Managua at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Recibe warms greetings on behalf Hotel Crowne Plaza Managua.

It is our pleasure to receive the feedback from all of our clients that have stayed at a certain time at our hotel with the purpose to become a better team every day in our different areas.

We would like to let you know that we are taking the necessary corrective measures to turn out better according to the inconveniences that you mentioned; we will be please to count with your visit again and offer you the quality of service that you deserve.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I travel to Managua a few times a year. I have stayed in other hotels but the staff at the Crowne Plaza was very helpful and willing to make sure my stay was everything I wanted. The staff was great I can not say enough about them. Martin in the restaurant was out standing. Jorge the front desk manager checked to make sure I was taken care of and went out of his way to be sure I was doing good. He check on me anytime he was in whatever area of the hotel I was in. The room are very nice and this is the best place to stay in town by far! There is a small shopping mall across the street that was nice and convent.

Room Tip: The larger room is very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr. Chris

Receive warm greetings on behalf Hotel Crowne Plaza Managua.

Thank you for taking the time to give your comments and opinion. We're so glad you liked the friendliness and services of our staff . For us it will be a pleasure to count on your visit.

Hope to have the delight to serve you again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just OK for the price. Nothing bad, really (although the carpet in my room was long overdue for replacement). Nice enough staff in the restaurant, gym etc. Overall, adequate for a quick business trip but not a place I'd want to hole up for an extended trip. Granted, I opted for the best value room so I can't honestly compare it to the pricier options. Might have been worth asking for a quick tour of some other rooms, but I was only there for a night.

• Stayed: May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear RMINTX,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We're so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and our Fitness Center. We're sorry to hear that the carpet in your room fell below your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The negative reviews of this hotel bewilder me. Whenever I visit Nicaragua I always arrange to spend a few nights here. The hotel is comfortable, clean and welcoming. Their restaurants are excellent. This time I booked an executive suite and it was big, spacious, and had everything we needed, and then some. So the view of the mountain wasn't the best; who cares, I have better things to do on my vacation than stare out my hotel window. The pool and health club and spa at the Crown Plaza are really excellent. In fact I spent most of my last day at the pool with a good book and tons of sunscreen. The only time I broke down and used a computer was in their business centre, to check in for my flights home and print my boarding passes. If you need anything and Francisco is at the front desk, he will take care of everything with bothefficiency and courtesy that are astounding. Even though I speak Spanish, when he heard my American accent he switched to perfect English. I took this as a compliment and a courtesy to a guest. We had a friend visiting us for the morning and it was no problem for her and her baby to come to the pool with us, thanks to Francisco. He also arranged a late check out so I could make the shuttle to the airport. For me all of this is going above and beyond, and I cannot thank him enough. The same goes for the restaurant staff. When we came in with the baby, they brought a high chair over right away. Everyone working at this hotel is helpful, friendly, and knows how to take care of their guests. Yes the hotel is 'old' (...like maybe 35 years old? I think it was built in the 70s, but....I'm older than this hotel!!!!). The comfort level here is high, and I will always return. For all you complainers out there, definitely go some where else. For all of you people who want to unwind, relax, and be a little pampered when you travel, come here. 10 stars from me, y gracias.

Room Tip: If you do want a room with a view, ask for a higher floor lakeside.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MGAHA, Coordinadora de Gerencia at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Mr. bklynbubba:

Receive warm greetings on behalf Crowne Plaza Managua.

Thank you so much for your wonderfull comment about your stay in our hotel, we are constantly working in our weakness but is so rewarding to know that even we have problems we always have guests like you, who come to the hotel whenever the opportunity presents.

We hope see you at home very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked three rooms at the Crowne Plaza for a one night stay by phone. Check in time is 2pm and when we arrived at 2.30pm we were told we could not go to our rooms as the existing guests had chosen a late check out and none of our rooms were available. After talking to the extremely unhelpful receptionist we realised that one of the rooms had a double bed when we had specifically requested two doubles/singles as it was for my son and daughter (both adults). They did rectify the situation but we had to speak to a manager and argue! After further discussions about our rooms not being ready, they suddenly found us another room. When we arrived the room was filthy! All the cupboards were dusty and unkept. We decided to leave as we were unhappy about paying for rooms we couldn't use - and whilst the hotel were making double money by charging existing guests for staying longer! As we were leaving we discovered the lifts weren't working either!!
Terrible experience and we will never return. Please find an alternative in Managua, as it's not worth the money, it smells and it's filthy!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Lisamale

Dear Mrs. Lisamale:

Receive warm greetings on behalf Crowne Plaza Managua

We are grateful for the given time to write your comments and opinions about your stay in pur hotel and at the same time we want to apologize about the all the inconvenient you had.

We would like to let you know that we are taking the necessary corrective measures to turn out better according to the bullet points that you mentioned; we will be please to count with your visit again and offer you the quality of service that you deserve.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect here, except some safe familiar surroundings, but I was actually pleasantly surprised. Lobby area polished and pleasant, great staff with some fluent English speakers. Room was smallish and decor a bit dated there but it was comfortable and everything worked, including the only working iron I had on my entire trip! I have to hand it to them for their noiseproofing: there was a wedding reception that evening within easy eyeshot of my window and I heard very little of it. A minor niggle is that the remote buttons were in ?Japanese, and I did miss my American coffee maker. Room service (tired, didn't want to sit in a restaurant that night) was fairly fast, decent and reasonably priced for, well, room service. The fitness area was surprisingly good, and a buffet breakfast with "Comidia tipica" was included. It was open earlier than advertised which suited me fine.
My first night in Managua, I stayed in a place twice the price of this hotel, and this was definitely much more than half the hotel! It's not a terribly romantic place, but I think it would be good for business travelers (free WiFi also) or someone just looking for a place to lodge on arrival or (like me) departure from Managua.

Room Tip: I'm wondering if the other end of the hotel (I was in Room 340) might be less noisy--again I was...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr. Stanley:

Receive warm greetings on behalf Crowne Plaza Managua.

We are grateful for the given time to write your comments and opinions about it, at the same time we are pleased for the shown preference and for us it will be a pleasure to count on your visit since our hotel is your own home, on the other hand to offer the quality service you deserve.

Hope to have you home soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Arrived late from a delayed flight. They took care to have the check in as painless as possible. Rooms were nice, standard American style I guess you could say. Bed comfortable, nice size bathroom and good selection of channels on the TV. Pool area was amazing, unfortunately only had time to utilize it one time. The spa and gym too were of very good quality. The massage was amazing after a rough couple of days flying around central america.
Selection of breakfast and dinner too was well laid out. Finally, as a very frequent business traveler, I liked the shopping complex next door that allowed me to just stretch my legs. Also had a nice grocery store in the bottom to pick up sundries.
Look forward to staying at this property again.

Room Tip: Higher helps with the road noise. On a very busy road.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
MGAHA, Coordinadora de Gerencia at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Rmc1971:

Receive warm greetings on behalf Hotel Crowne Plaza Managua.

First of all, thank you for take part of your time and wrtie such good comments about your stay in our hotel. Is a plesaure to know you enjoy our services and we hope to have you home again.

Best regards,