Globales Camino Real
$73
HolidayInn.com
$50
$47
Art Hotel Managua(Managua)(Great Value!)
$42
$41
All reviewsclose to the airportfree shuttlefree welcome drinkcasino attachedminutes from the airportlast nighttennis courtsbreakfast buffetairport hotelthe shuttle driverpool areanice hotelnice poolan early morning flighthotel groundscomfortable bedsbusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was going to book our arrival night in Managua in another hotel, and then I came to my senses. Why would we go into the city when we are arriving at 10:30 pm and only staying for one night! I don't want to get near downtown Managua. Instead I found The Hotel Camino Real and was so glad I did. The shuttle was waiting for us when we arrived and drove the "five minutes" to get to our hotel. The hotel was absolutely beautiful! We had a wonderful night's sleep(after having a drink in the garden), and then we were greeted with a fantastic breakfast buffet. Without a doubt, I would stay here if we ever return to Managua.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here one night in August 2012, before our flight back to the U.S. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. They have a shuttle van that goes to the airport every hour. The day we checked in, we ate lunch out on the pool grounds. The services was fast and the food was great. That night we ate at the hotel restaurant, it was equally delicious. There is a casino next door. Don't get too excited about it. It is very small and does not have a very good selection of slots. After dinner we walked the grounds and found a small herd of deer behind the fence by the tennis courts. We fed them leaves by hand through the fence. My girlfriend got a massage in the hotel spa. $30 for a 90 minute massage.. Find that in the U.S.! Overall, this is a very nice hotel that we plan on staying at again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I love staying at this hotel when I arrive and leave Managua. Air conditioning to start and end our vacations! The front desk staff is very helpful, there is a free airport shuttle, good beds, excellent food, free wifi in the lobby and near the pool and oh yes, the pool... love it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here on the way in and on the way out! Friendly and courteous staff with a great restaurant. Helpful in planning little extras like cheesecake for our group of 18 on the patio at 10PM. Pool and grounds are well kept and clean. Rooms are comfortable, clean and AC is nice and cold!

Room Tip: Our large group of 18 people stayed in the 600 rooms and had no issues at all! There is a Casino right next door and an aviary out front with Toucans and Macaws. Beautiful statuary around the grounds!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here for two nights before leaving Nicaragua. It is a lovely hotel. I was quite impressed with the staff, very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are very spacious and the beds are really comfortable. The have full bathrooms, cable t.v., air conditioning and a safe for your valuables. There are also several ice machines which use filtered water to make the ice cubes.
The pool is clean and refreshing and there is a separate "kiddie pool" which I really appreciated.
The restaurant food is decent, it offers a number of dishes geared toward North American or European palates and, although more expensive than the rest of the country, is quite reasonably priced for Managua. The breakfast buffet is fantastic with a lot options including local fare. One morning they even had (my favourite!) nacatamales.
The casino attached is nice enough, certainly not a giant Vegas casino but was a fun way to pass sometime and there is a bit of a bird sanctuary at the front entrance (tucked into the bushes) with several large macaws.
The shuttle bus service to the airport is very convenient, although if you don't want to use the shuttle a taxi ride shouldn't cost you more than a one or two dollars.
I did notice a sign outside listing the price charged for local taxi rides and the prices listed seemed a little high. I believe it listed about $20 to Humberto Huembles bus depot and I've never paid more than $10 to get there from the airport (which is virtually the same distance). I'd suggest negotiating the prices with the taxi drivers.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple