“Great!!!”

Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Managua
London, United Kingdom
“Great!!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

love this hotel is the best Holiday Inn for me.

The staff is friendly and nice, the room is clean and comfortable, the breakfast is amazing, great and free WI FI.

Well, I was looking to relax and I got when we checked in the receptionist asked me how I was answered that I was stressed out, so he offered me a drink and ordered a beer, it was a great start.

Treat people as VIP, always.

Great place, loved ...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Frederick T
Ximena C, Revenue manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us how was your stay. It is a real pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services and got relax.

Every day we think ways to improve our services, now we are refreshing the rooms, we hope you can enjoy it in your next visit.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Wi Fi . in The Room is BAD only work when the room door is open becausethe signalL are very LOW; The check in is to SLOW , more than 15 minutes waiting because only one person in that moment in the counter , the reservation was by king bed ,butin the check in , only two beds medium size available ; SHUTTLE TO THE AIRPORT ONLY UNTIL 7:30 AM, IN THE BREAKFAST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PERSONAL IN THE BUFFET.
IN THE ICE MACHINE ROOM (EMERGENCY EXIT) I FOUND A BAT FLYNG.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
EIMejia, Room Division Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Guest:

Receive our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experimented during your stay. We tried to solve the connection issue with a room change, but we understand that is not comfortable moving from one place to another.

We appreciate your comments since they help us to identify new oportunities to improve our service for our guests. Be sure we are adressing your comments to the involve areas in order they can take the corrective actions.

We hope you to give us the oportunity to visit us again to serrve you with the level of service that you deserve.

Eugenia I. Mejia
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had two rooms here for one night before leaving Nicaragua. Check in was a bit frustrating due to lack of English spoken. We were told we would get two complimentary breakfast buffets and the rest would be $12/pp. We also got four complimentary drinks upon check in. Rooms were pretty nice and very clean. Our toilet was running, called the front desk and had a guy up to fix it in about 15 minutes. Took three visits but got the problem settled.

Our rooms were across the hall from one another. I can't speak to the room on the street side, but the room facing the pool/rear of the hotel was quite noisy. There was karaoke at the pool bar the night we were there which went until pretty late and was LOUD. The next morning they moved the metal furniture, scraping it against the cement, early in the morning which woke me up. Not a great night of sleep.

Went down for breakfast which was pretty good, buffet style. Had cereal, fruit, breads, and a hot bar with French toast, eggs, gallo pinto, etc. Good service in the restaurant. We did get two free (priority club members) buffets and the others cost $14, not the $12 we were told. Also, was very expensive with the added tax.

Wifi was free, was a bit spotty. If you want to use their computers it was $8/hour!
Pool was very nice as was the workout room.

Needed a taxi to the airport. They have a shuttle for $5/pp but it leaves at odd times and nothing worked for our flight unless we wanted to be at the airport 5 hours early. We asked several times for a micro bus so our party of five wouldn't need to be split into two cabs. They ignored us and said the only way was two cabs. Found out when they picked us up that it's because they use their own cabs. Cost us $30 for both plus tax? Weird but whatever.

Was really just ok, very pricey though. Also, it is not super close to the airport. Took about 30 minutes to get there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lkerman
EIMejia, Room Division Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at Holiday Inn Convention Center Managua. Your comments are very important for us. We are adressing them to the involved areas in order they can take the necessary actions.

We hope to see you again in future stays and serve you as you deserve.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The best hotel in Managua! Great service, great breakfast, great people.... what else is needed for a great vacation?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank minime786
Dear Guest:

We greatly appreciate your encorage comments. Thanks for taking the time to express your opinion. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future when visiti our country.

Adelanto, California
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We traveled to Managua, Nicaragua on Dec. 18, 2010, and had made prior reservations, our plane was delayed and didn't know if the shuttle service was going to be there (we had given an ETA of two hours before). But to our surprise it was there awaiting us. Everyone at the hotel is nice and ready to help in whatever you may ask. I am traveling again this year to Nicaragua and of course I will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
EIMejia, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2012

Estimada Huesped:

We greatly appreciate your coments. We will share them, without any doubt ,with all our associates that are commited to deliver the service our guest expect from us and to make your stay pleasant and comfortable.

Thanks for choosing us. We hope to continue serving you in your future visits to Nicaragua.

Gerente de Division Cuartos
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I travel to Managua several times a year because of family. We usually stay at the Hilton Princess, but this time we decided to stay at the Holiday In. What a HORRBLE mistake. We arrived on Saturday January 28th on a red eye extremely exhausted. The shuttle driver was not there to pick us up at the airport even though we made a reservation for the shuttle. I had to ask the Hilton Princess shuttle driver if he could please contact the Holiday Inn for us to let them know we had arrived. He graciously did and told us to wait inside and he would let us know when the driver arrived. The shuttle that arrived was full so we had to wait until they called another driver. The Holiday Inn shuttle driver was courteous and apoligzatic in that we had to wait an additional 15 minutes for the other driver. We arrived at the hotel and the check in staff was friendly as well as the bell staff. Room was clean and adequate. We went to the pool for a couple hours. The pool staff was great as were the drinks and food. We then had to meet family so we left for the rest of the day until 11:00 pm. When we got back to the hotel we were worn-out. When we got to the room we heard music blasting from a party that was happening at the pool area. We figured it was late to be having a party at 11:00 pm but we figured it would end by midnight. Well it was 1:30 am in the morning and the party seemed to have just begun. We could hear everything from the DJ talking to the people screaming. By that time my frustration had turned into utter rage. We had to be up by 7:00 am for a family event and we had not slept. I called the front desk and all they said was that it was going to end at 2:00 am and that they would send up ear plugs. EAR PLUGS!!!!! I was so stunned that that was their solution that that sent me over the edge. By the time I went to the front desk it was 2:15 am and the party was still going strong. The manager on duty was ABSOULTLY USELESS!!! I wish I remembered her name because she does not deserve to have a job in customer service. All she did was tell the front desk agent to call the hotel manager and she left. No apology or reaction to my distress. I then had to tell the hotel manger my situation all over again. She just apologized and asked if we wanted to move rooms. I am 6 months pregnant and mentioned that what I wanted was to get my night sleep back. She did not offer anything complimentary. I had to tell her that I did not want to pay for a night that I absolutely got no sleep from. She did agree to comp my night. Since the party was still going I accepted moving to a different room at 3:00 am. I do not understand why they couldn’t assign a room away from the pool from the beginning. I was not looking for a free night I was looking for a quiet place to sleep. Later an employee told me they have been getting several guests complaints recently and losing hotel business because of these parties. They have contracts and if the party goes beyond the contracted time the Holiday Inn charges them double the hour. That is the reason why they let them end at completely unacceptable times. If they are more concerned about making money through events then they should close down the hotel part and make it a dance hall instead. Otherwise, it is not fair to paying hotel guests to deal with this. Needless to say I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN. I have informed all my family and friends who travel to Nicaragua because they are selling something that they don’t offer PEACE AND QUIET.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool side of the hotel especially on nights when they are having parties.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank June C
EIMejia, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Managua - Convention Center, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear Guest:

Please, accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had during your stay and for your opinion about your service. We are commited to deliver an excelent service according to our international rules and we are sorry that we stayed behind this time.

According with your comments, we honored the hospitality promess, since you were not charge for the first night and another complementary room was given for your rest. We know this do not change your experience, but it is a way to show you our goodwill. We appreciate you brought this matter to us, since it is an opportunity to take corrective actions for future sporadic events and we hope to have the opportunity to show you in a future stay how much we value our guests.

Tamarac, Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2012

My boyfriend & I stayed here 3 nights, and for the price, it wasn't good.
Let me start by saying that their sheets gave me a rash all over my legs & back!
First, they sent us to a room, then when we were settling in, they called us saying they had given us the wrong room and made us move to the 3rd floor. Then once in the second room, the bathroom STANK. I called the lobby, and guess what? they moved us back to the first room.
Room service was about the only thing that's good about this hotel. We didn't even bother going to the pool or restaurant downstairs 'cause there were people having meetings, celebrating weddings & quince años, and having job interviews all 4 days we were there.
I understand its a convention center, but I think it was way too much & takes away from the HOTEL part of the hotel.
The location is in the heart of the city; really close to basically everything, but overall, I was let down by the service. When we checked in, we were basically ignored for a while before the manager on duty realized we wanted to check in.
There are better hotels for the price of this one, that have better service, better location and better staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

We are sorry to know about your poor recent experience. We are adressing your comments to the staff involved in the different issues in order they can apply the corrective actions as soon as possible.

We wil be waiting for the opportunity to serve you in the future.