“Cheap and nice hotel in good location”

Hilton Princess Managua
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Spent a week in Managua in this hotel. Overall experience was good. Great breakfast. Downside was that there was no fridge in the room, which is not acceptable in a climate like that. Will stay there next time in Managua

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Hilton Princess Managua, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you so much for expressing your opinion. In Hilton Princess Managua we are concerned and very interested about our client’s observations Of course; it is never pleasant to hear that we have disappointed one of our guests. Be assured that your comments and feedback are certainly being taken into consideration and acted upon in order for us to improve our facilities and services.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Even tough this hotel belongs to the Hilton brand there are things that does not meet the expectations. The staff is kind however they don't consider that the guest needs a paceful room to rest. I booked a room for 3 nights, the last one was a friday night, and when I arrived to my room (117) by night the music of the downstairs party was so loud that it was impossible to me to sleep. Why they assign rooms in the first floor if they are going to have a party? For sure they know that it is impossible to sleep because when I complained about the music they don't denied the problem. They just offered me a room change, however it is very annoying to change the room by midnight when what you want is to sleep and when you have to leave the room early in the morning next day to take a flight. Of course that I complained and I denied to pay that night because it is not fair, the hotel prefer to make a good money renting the ballroom instead of provide a good service to their guests that we are also paying for the room. When I arrive to the 5th floor room I found out the window have an aperture that allowed the noise from the pool to come inside of the room! The issue it is an old construction that needs new modern windows. Hotel totally no recommendable, there are better hotels at the same price.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel, if you are forced to stay here request a 5th floor room.
2  Thank JuanFranToronto

Reviewed November 21, 2013

You´ll love this place. The staff is very kind. The location is very appropriate near the development area in the city. The Dinner area was redecorated, is nice, but still small. If you need a fridge, let them know as earlier as possible.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your great feedback; you are always cordially invited to visit us again at Hilton Princess Managua to enjoy our facilities, convenient location and our personalized service. It will be very nice to host you once again on a near future

Reviewed November 19, 2013

No fridge, no bar, no local phone calls, food not that good very expensive. The hotel taxi is 3X more that the local cabs. Has a small but very nice gymm, a small swimming pool, good for kids. The employee (personel) are very well manner. Direction are not always very clear however the local cab drivers will always find it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank Mario A

Thank you for your review. I understand that you were dissatisfied with our prices and that you found them to be too expensive. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that we do all we can to create a great experience for each one of our guests. We are actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for your comfort and convenience and will definitely keep you review in mind.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in Managua. Stayed here for a business convention. Overall the hotel is clean and well maintained. The room was nice and clean. I did not encounter any problems at all and my only complaint would be that the elevator doors are extremely slow to open. Breakfast was again nice but not extraordinary. In general, I don't like hotels that require you to insert your room key in the elevator, it's kind of a pain and could do without.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for your visit and the positive evaluation. We are happy you felt comfortable and well served. It is a pleasure to welcome this review and this gives us a lot of encouragement to keep working every day with dedication and passion to continue creating positive experiences for you.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hotel room's décor is beautiful, also is the hallway. I felt like a Princess :) Sleeping was wonderful.

However, basin is outside the bathroom, which is unusual for Hilton and to me this is not very efficient. Or, I would prefer having it inside the bathroom because I need the mirror, for example.There is no fridge, too. Amenities are not complete, missing the cottons, cotton buds, hand soap; basically this little things that probably matter to some. Thomas Roth products are complete.

Location is good, strategic, close-by to mostly anything you need. Bars, restaurants, mall are within walking distance.

Overall, service was good, staffs were helpful. But I encountered a slight discomfort as I arrived in a mess and reservation/reception staff told me to pay extra as I brought a friend, which I didn't inform because I thought I had paid for the entire room in advance, which was in fact could accommodate 4 people. The way he spoke was not in a polite manner, somehow. I was too tired to think at that time, but I sorted out the next day.

Restaurant is quite small, pool is okay. Actually I felt like staying in a 4 star hotel rather than 5, and this is the smallest Hilton I've ever been. Generally I would feel the 5 star ambience, but not here. Decor in the room and rooms' hallways don't match the rest of the property.

I would recommend staying here if you want to spend more time in your room and not within the property. And as probably this applies to the entire Nicaragua, walking is not suggested when it's dark, although destinations are not that far, except for the bars and restaurants behind the hotel, across the parking lot.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank psychedelicangel

Thank you very much for your visit and the positive evaluation. We are happy you felt comfortable and well served. We hope you had a safe and pleasant trip back home and we can welcome you back on any future visits. It is a pleasure to welcome this review and this gives us a lot of encouragement to keep working every day with dedication and passion to continue creating positive experiences for you.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Good location, helpful staff--- clean, comfortable LARGE rooms and just generally-great facilities. Secure parking, easy walking distance to surrounding areas. Great breakfast and Executive lounge help was superb. Definitely recommend the Hilton Princess!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marc B
General M, General Manager at Hilton Princess Managua, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014