“Always get the best service”

Hilton Princess Managua
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Calgary
“Always get the best service”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Just checked out on Monday Jan 16, 2012 and didn't want to leave but everything comes to an end like my vacation, i spent three weeks at this hotel and the service its always great, everybody there knows me by my first name. I don't have anything negative to say about the staff nor the hotel, they always asked me if everything was ok if i needed anything. I will for sure be satying here again in april. Reception staff great i even got an upgrade to executive launch just for being nice, anyways i recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor facing the pool are not great on weekend since the have functions and it ca...
1 Thank CA1714

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stayed in Managua at the beginning and end of our trip. Couldn't have asked for more. Taxi drivers were very knowledgeable of the surroundings offering a bit of a history tour sling the way. I'd booked the first night on line before leaving and we liked it enough to return prior to departing back to States.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Redfishtx
Temecula, California
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The last two nights of our trip to Nicaragua were spent at the Hilton Princess Managua. It was an excellent choice. It doesn't offer you much of a taste of Nicaragua, but after some of the other hotels we stayed at, we were glad to be at one that we could get a good night's sleep. All of the staff were polite and courteous, especially the ladies in the executive lounge. The breakfast and happy hour in the exec. lounge was pretty good as well. Our room was very clean and extremely comfortable. The only problem we had was that the shower drained a bit slow.

Since we had one full day left, we took a trip to Masaya, to see the volcano, market, Apoyo lagoon, and Coyotepe. The hotel arranged for us to go with one of their drivers. It was a bit more than a tour company, but it was worth it. We were able to move at our own pace and John did an incredible job as a guide. And unlike some of the other taxis we had taken, this one was clean and John proved a much safer driver than most. After our long morning adventure, we relaxed poolside. The pool area is very nice, unfortunately, it is in a courtyard with 4 tall walls that minimize the amount of sun it receives.

This is a great place to stay on your way in and/or out of Nicaragua via the International Airport.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband and I spent our very first Christmas away from home here. It was our "home away from home" for the duration of our one-week vacation. I spoke with Kenya (concierge office) over the phone prior to arriving to request airport pick-up. She reassured me that someone with our names on a card would be there. He was there. We shared the shuttle with 2 gentlemen from Vancouver who became our friends.
We were on the 4th floor (one of 2 Executive floors). The room was spacious with a big bathroom . The bed was comfortable. The pillows were soft and fluffy. The towels were large and soft, as well. There was a safe in the room but it malfunctioned so we did not use it after the first few days. The ironing board was small and one that you have to put on the floor or on top of something when you used it so I called to exchange it with a standard size one. The shower and commode were separate from the sink. However, the sink area was so small that when I threw something in the trash can and I stood up, my forehead hit the small metal that was attached to the mantle piece. I came home with a big protruding bruise on my forehead.
We heard the next door TV that was on loudly until late at night. However, the traffic noise from Carretera Masaya, which our room faced, was hardly noticeable.
The staff here was extremely friendly and efficient. They were always willing to help. Yolanda at the 4th floor lounge was so nice. She was like our house mother. The others (Randy, Beatriz, Karla, Alicia, Juan Carlos, Hector, Mario,Lourdes et al) were all very attentive.
We have traveled around the world and have stayed in many hotels but this staff topped them all.
We had access to free breakfast (lounge or first floor) and snacks at the lounge on the 4th floor. The lounge was not crowded. There was a large TV set there and it was convenient to do some work or socializing.
They served American style breakfast and pastries with fresh fruit and with some local fares like rice and beans and fried plantains ("platano maduro"). The black beans were hard, though. Fresh fruit juices like watermelon, orange, carrot and pineapple were available. In the evening, there were snacks and beverages.
Shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and back was available for a small fee. It was safe and very well worth it to take the shuttle.
The day before we left, I took out my silver colored folder that had all our documents since I wanted to check in at Delta Airlines via the Internet. We went out on an all day tour. When we got back, my folder was gone. I was upset because it had all of our travel documents as well as my medical documents and letters from my physicians. As we were leaving for the tour that morning, there was an entourage of people that were spraying for bugs in the rooms. The trash cans were empty when we got back and according to the house keeper, she did not notice the folder. We never found it.
We loved the staff and the location of this hotel. We thank the staff for their hard work and for their friendliness. We will definitely stay here again if we go back to Nicaragua.

1 Thank TRAVELdglobenow
Hercules, California
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Standard clean room but in desperate need of new beds. Ours was tilting to one side before even laying down. I believe it may have been the 20 year old mattress my mom finally threw out recently! Overall service was great and would stay here again for the convenient location to the airport. If you need a driver ask for Julian Romero [---]. He was great and is employed by the Hilton. He went out of his way to show us around for a great price.

1 Thank 99luvs2travel
Southern California
Reviewed January 2, 2012

At this hotel, you will feel like you haven't left the U.S., but it is a very nice, very clean, air conditioned, comfortable place to stay in Managua. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are very clean and appear to be recently updated. The airport was about a 20 minute drive and they also offer a shuttle. The restaurant food was good. The hotel service very good. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a safe, clean place to stay before or after your other, more authentic, adventures in Nicaragua!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Hotel is small, but nice. Rooms are standard Hilton. Pool is small, shallow, and unheated. The executive lounge was the highlight. Very nice breakfast and evening snacks- you wont need dinner. Service in the lounge was first class. Downside is that special events are staged around the pool, so if your room overlooks it, you will hear everything- including disco music till 2am.

Room Tip: Street view gets street noise, but pool view may get special event noise. Ask if there is anything s...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business