Best Western Las Mercedes
$62
$32
$119
$98
All reviewsacross the streetyour luggageconvenient place to staycan't beat the locationlocated directlyinternational airportlarge poolbreakfast buffet isair conditioningan airport hotelrooms are cleanfree shuttleshuttle servicecorn islandsstayed one nightpoolsconvenience
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Expat here again! In fact I am sitting here in my favorite room as I again write this review. It's 01/05/14. Flew in a couple of days ago on my "visa" renewal trip from Costa Rica. Still not happy with Nature Air ( Costa Rica Airline) for moving their entire operations over to the main airport SJO from Pavas. Anyway, on this trip most of all the construction has been completed and out of the way. And still have the same line chief cooking a wonderful breakfast . In fact he remember me from past stays, and handed me 3 over easy eggs! And do remember the breakfast cost is included in the room rate, and it's all you can eat!

Room Tip: I always try for room 27-30 They are away from the main walk-way and not as bad with people going to the other rooms pulling their wheel-bags over the tile floors here.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
BEST WESTERN L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

we really apreciate your feedback, your comment help us to be better day by day
We hope to see you again

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Given that it is right across the road from the terminal, there is no need for a shuttle and it's perfect for a night time flight in or early morning departure.

The buffet breakfast is huge and the friendly staff were very attentive with coffee refills. Breakfast is included in the room rate, which is why I prefer it to the Camino Real ... where breakfast costs an outlandish $12.50 (US).

The grounds are extensive, the staff friendly, and there is a decent sized swimming pool. It's so close to the terminal that it's convenient to pop over to the food court in the airport in the evening.

No issues with noise in the room and the wi-fi was of a good quality. Recommended.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
BEST WESTERN L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Good Mornig

we really appreciate your comments, they help us to be better and improve you better serve

Best Western Las Mercedes

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My flights usually arrive late enough that the 2-hr. bus ride to my destination is not a great idea. Departing is similar, with early flights that make spending the previous night at Las Mercedes the perfect answer. It's immediately across from the airport, you can walk it if you want to, even with a bag in tow. I have enjoyed the food, always good, at their airy restaurant and bar. If you've been to Nicaragua, you know to expect some cold water, low pressure often. But this place has always been clean, service with a smile, and I feel safe there. I will definitely stay there again in the future. Don't expect high end accomodations and you'll be fine. These ARE high end accomodations there. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
BEST WESTERN L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

We really appreciate your feedback, your feedback helps us to be better every day.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Had to stay due to early flight, Bar prices steep food prices a little dear but surpirsingly was good. Long walks to pool, exercise treadmill did not work, Room was comfortable but note water suplly quite weak ins shower. One good thing if you have to check your bags in at 6 am you can come back for breakfast then head back to the airport. Staff not overly friendly except the shuttle driver.
Good enough for one night.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Good Afternoon

We are training our staff to offer you the attention you deserve the highest level

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The best plan when leaving Nicaragua and needing to catch a plane the next morning is to put yourself in the hands of the folks at the Mercedes. This is a large facility and everyone excells at their job. I had to laugh at the other reviewer complaining about his room being cold. The whole country never gets below 80 degrees! I love the assurance of knowing that I will sleep through the night because I will not wake up sweating at 2 AM. This hotel is right across from the airport and unlike other places, you are taken when you need to go. At 5:30?.....where are your bags?
The breakfast starts at 6AM but if you need to eat at 5:45 they will open up and you can eat what they have set out on the buffet. They had a chef with omelets if you arrived after 6. Everything was delicious and it comes with the room. The furniture is not luxurious but very adequate. The photo they are using is not as nice as the rooms that I have stayed in. I have been coming to Nicaragua since 1998 and stay here on my last night to catch the plane with ease. I have always been more than satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo