Best Western Las Mercedes
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel HEX(Managua)
Hotel Euro(Managua)
View Hotel
All reviewsacross the streetyour luggageconvenient place to staycan't beat the locationlocated directlyinternational airportlarge poolbreakfast buffet isair conditioningan airport hotelrooms are cleanfree shuttlecorn islandsshuttle servicestayed one nightpoolsconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The Best Western is a great place to stay. Our mission trip bases its operation at this hotel and it is a wonderful place to come back to after a long day in the field. The staff is helpful and polite. The breakfast buffet is a very nice arrangement of fruits, eggs, pastries and more. Walk from the hotel to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
BEST WESTERN L, Director de Recepción at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 2255-9900 Ext. 246.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western the night before an early flight out of MGA. The proximity to the airport is great, but other than that it is overpriced and void of charm. I understand that the Best Western and the Camino Real are the choices for airport hotels and the Best Western is a little less expensive. I have now stayed at both and I can say that the $15 extra for the Camino is worth it. It is a much better property.

The Best Western had ants and little bugs that got all over my toiletries at night. The pool blared the worst American dance music ever. It was Sunday and there were a lot of families at the pool and I think the awful music was for them. Maybe it's better on a different day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
BEST WESTERN L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 2255-9900 Ext. 246.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel, while arguably pricey, fulfills the needs of most of its occupants - a great base location for early morning flights. The rooms were basic, but had air conditioning and hot water and WiFi access. Recommended for early morning travelers, as you do not have to worry about finding dinner off of the property (restaurant on site) and the on-site bar allows for you to have a few celebratory drinks before heading to the airport in the morning. It provides peace of mind, as you don't have to worry about relying on someone else to get you to the airport on time.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
BEST WESTERN L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed 1 night at this Best Western Hotel. We got a senior discount so paid about 85.00. We had 2 rooms. We got in late so just needed a place to lay our heads. I have stayed in other Best Western Hotels & I did not think this one lived up to the image. It was just worn out & old. I expected it to be maintained better. We didn't stay here on our return. We found a cute little hotel in the heart of Managua that only cost 64.00 with breakfast. Only 20-30 minutes to the airport.

Room Tip: Good place to stay if you are flying out the next day but really expensive.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank srborden57
BEST WESTERN L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Borden

Reviewed April 27, 2013

So I first stayed at this hotel because my airline canceled my flight out and they had arranged for my family and I to stay at this hotel because it is conveniently located right across the airport. First stay here was great. Lunch, dinner, and breakfast were all comp'ed as well as the stay by the airline. The room was clean, had cold AC and was modern. The staff was great this time. They have a big pool with a snack bar that is open late and which we took full advantage of. This was my first stay here. However, on my second stay here it was completely deferent. I didn't know but they also have rooms towards the back of the "nice rooms" which i believe were their old rooms they kept after they remodeled the hotel. It was about midnight and I had a 7am flight out and was given an old room all the way in the back were the AC didn't work like it needed to, had a broken bathroom window, and dirty bathroom overall. We called the front desk and they weren't that helpful in making the situation easier for us. They gave us rooms 117, 116, 111 and 109. These rooms are all in the back and are very old and dingy. We settled on 109 but only because it was about 130 in the morning and needed to sleep at least a few hours before my flight. You have been warned. Rooms in the 120's or 130's are okay but the rooms in the back are a nightmare and only in an extreme emergency should you stay here. I should also mention that the guy at the front desk short, balled and spoke english wasn't very helpful at all and had a very bad attitude with us. Sarcastic and rude doesn't work well in the hotel business.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family