“Worst possible place.”

Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Dallas, Texas
“Worst possible place.”
Reviewed April 1, 2008

This place definitely ranks in one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. The staff is rude and uncooperative. They had a coffee machine in the room but would not give me the coffee sachet to make coffee in my room, instead they suggested that I should come to the lobby to get coffee if I needed to.

The beds were bad, the bathroom did not have hot water and the shower head was broken.

The only good thing is that it is right across the airport and is convenient for taking an early morning flight out of Managua.

Avoid this hotel if at all possible.

• Liked — Airport access
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Czech first
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed March 19, 2008

Convenient in the sense that its right across the street from the airport and you can walk (carefully) across the street.

The cost associated with this place is criminal. VERY strong moth ball odor. Small rooms, can't be certain my bed wasn't concrete. Same goes for pillow. Room was in complete disrepair, disgusting actually. Apparently lamp shades are in short supply in Managua...all lamps had bulbs exposed. Toilet didn't work. Filthy! I don't know if they were trying to give you a local flare in their accommodations but I assure you I wouldn't have had to pay a local $90 to stay in their tin shanty.

Restaurant was expensive for where you are, but the food was pretty decent. Restaurant was residence to a pesky 0ne-legged disgusting bird that would fly from table to table eating unattended food.

Pool area was decent.

Best Wester has lost my business completely. This was ridiculous. Do not stay here unless like me, you have absolutely no other options. Its pretty clear why this place had vacancy when all other places in town were booked solid.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Managua hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 3, 2008

Positives: It's across the street from the airport
Negatives: Expensive, noisy air conditioner, uncomfortable beds, cold shower.

• Liked — location to the airport
  • Disliked — uncomfortable
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Philips-trips
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed February 23, 2008

I stayed here for 4 nights

Hotel staff was very friendly.

Our rooms seems like a cabin, the A/C was very noissy but we called to the front desk and 10 minutes after a maintenance guy fix it.

Dinner and breakfast was good.

The Pool was very relaxing.

• Liked — Location and staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2004
Portland, OR
Reviewed November 28, 2007

It's all about perspective. I stayed at this hotel prior to and after a mission trip to the jungles of Nicaragua. The night I got there, I was pleasantly surprised to find the hotel was just across the street from the international airport; so a walk across the street (saving $$ on taxi). The room I stayed in was comfortable, clean and quiet (the Best Western brand). However, the next morning I was disappointed to find that the shower was cold and not much more than a trickle. Fast forward 2 weeks to when I got back from my mission trip where we had daily cold showers out in the jungle. I had a different room on my return. Again, very clean, and the bed felt wonderful compared to sleeping on a bunk with a sleeping bed! This time however, I was pleasantly surprised to find the shower was hot and the stream very full and strong. Hotel has lovely pool, although didn't get the chance to use. Good restaurant next door with great prices. Staff were helpful although not overly friendly. It's not your 5 star hotel, so if you're expecting the Hilton, you'll be disappointed. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Close proximity to the airport
  • Disliked — Not consistent hot shower
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed October 29, 2007

We stayed at the Best Western the last night of our trip because we had such an early flight. The convenience was great but the hotel was just a pity for the price that we paid.
We rented two rooms and they were both about the same. The beds were comfortable but the rooms were musty and smelly. I was so glad that we waited until ten pm to check in.
Next time I would stay elsewhere and just get up earlier.

• Liked — location to the airport
  • Disliked — the shower knobs didn't work in both rooms.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank ttravelerbug
St. Catharines
Reviewed September 29, 2007

boy I was reading the reveiws and i don't think you other people stayed at La Mercedes. I had hot water in my room and yes the power went off for a short time but i was treated very well by all staff and will return to this hotel again. The resturant was excellant and the service was excellant also so again my compliments to La Mercedes

Timothy Reck

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing