“Layover before Corn Islands”

Best Western Las Mercedes
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Managua
“Layover before Corn Islands”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Best Western Mercedes is right across the road from the airport making it a convenient place to stay if you are leaving on the early am flight to Big Corn Island. There is an open air restaurant and shuttle to airport if you don't want to cross the road. Beware of many taxi drivers trying to solicit your business as you walk from the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Czech first
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

A great location (literally) within walking distance of the airport. The hotel is low key and not equipped with all of the latest and greatest amenities - but it is really a "layover" sort of location. We had an early departure and decided to stay the night to assure a couple of extra hours of sleep. We stayed in a decent (by international, budget traveler standards) room and had a decent night of rest. The rooms are bungalow style and all have a "motel" feel. I recommend staying here for "in and out" airport needs. Otherwise - going into Managua or on to other destinations for far nicer hotels.

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Wayne C
Kimberley, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The hotel itself was in a great location for a stay at the airport. Unfortunately we had to be up at 4am to catch a flight and there was a DJ or something on sight and it sounded as though we were sleeping directly over a dance club. The front desk staff was unfriendly/indifferent, and the shower was freezing. For $110 this stay wasn't worth it.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank SMD919

Travelers are raving about these Managua hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very close to Managua airport. Huge shower, good size room. However our air conditioner leaked on top of the bed so half the bed was soaked during the night. But since we were only here the one night we didn’t bother about it. Ate dinner and breakfast and the food was very good. Staff friendly. Three free computers in a room off the lobby for everyone’s use. Pool was quite large although I did not use it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was booked in this hotel by the company I went to work for... from the begining I decided that the hotel has a general look of the 40's & 50's...gardens , rooms, a pool... some chairs to seat around, and an old restaurant terrace, where they watched football all the time....
my room was ok, nothing fancy: I had a coffee brewer, (no coffee to brew though)....
Called the front desk to ask for a wake up call, 6:30 am. (ten minutes after my own alarm, just as a precaution)...
The AC is pointing directly to the bed (some peolpe like this, I hate it), and fought all night between freezing, every time that turned on, or sweating when it shot down...
Next morning... the wake up called was made at 6:50 am!!! (thank god I didn't need it), and when I said to the lady that it was too late... she lied and said that I asked for the call at 7:am!!!....then I "kindly" asked, and what time is it now? (while watching my watch, the time in my cel phone, and on the alarm clock -all said 6:50)... and she answered: 7 am!!!!
when I arrived to the "Las Americas" conference room.... there was no one to take care of the last minute details, as for example sound and adecuate microphones!!... and finally someone appeared, with the special cable to conect the speaker to my computer... and test the sound, with all the gests already seated in the room... around 20 minutes after my starting time.
Next day... I discovered that my shower wasn't cleaned from the day before.
dreadful service...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank mimiMexico_df
BEST WESTERN L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Mrs. Indiana
We are trully sorry for all the inconvenience you had in our hotel, i would like to let you know that in this first semester of the year the managment are going to remodel all the facade of the hotel, also we are going to remodel the lobby.

I hope you can give us another chance to prove we can make it better. If i can help you with something you can contact me to my email mromero@lasmercedes.com.ni or at 2255-9900 ext 246

Best Regards,
Front Desk Manager.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here one night when plane arrived late. Even tho the hotel is just across the street from the airport, they got a taxi to take us there. We had booked beforehand, and had no difficulties signing in. Surroundings were nice and well maintained, rooms were very simple but adequate. Service was good and everyone was nice and polite. Buffet breakfast was very good, Nica style, but there were also the more familiar staples.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Las Mercedes, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Mrs. Mia
Thank you for all your comments. In Best Western we always try to make our guest feel like they´re in home.

Hope to see you arround here soon.

If i can be of any assistant, please contact me by me email mromero@lasmercedes.com.ni or you can call me at 2255-9900 ext 246

Regards,
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I made a reservation with Booking.com. When I got there they had no reservations. Mr. Jose looked and looked for over 15 minutes. So I went to another hotel. When I went to review my credit card, they had charged the room anyway.!! I tried calling and talking to them but they did not refund me. Miss Alina, the administrator went on explaining that although they did not have the reservation in the Hotels system, it was in the Booking.com system and they would not give me any refund. I really don't understand these people, I did not have a reservation on their computer system but they charge you anyway!! I talked to Booking.com and they tried to talk to the hotel with no avail. They indicated that it was up to the Hotel to issue a refund. I had to dispute charges with my credit card.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

3 Thank Miguel V
Dear Mr. Miguel
I´m trully sorry for the inconvenience you had in our hotel. As we explained to you in the previous email, we did not charge your credit card, we just hold the ammount, but we have released the ammount because you are totally right.

One more time i would like to appologize and i hope you can give us another chance to prove we can make it better...

If i can be of any assistant please contact me to my email mromero@lasmercedes.com.ni or you can call me at 2255-9900 ext 246

Regards,