Hotel HEX
Hotel Euro(Managua)
  • Pool
Hotel Aloha(Managua)
View Hotel
All reviewsfood courtsmall malltwin bedscomplimentary wifipool areaclose to the airportdouble checkrooms are cleanfree airport shuttletop floorthe air conditioningsan juan del sursupermarketismaelnicaraguaflighthallway
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had a large group of students from Boston stay in Nicaragua for a week during our alternative spring break trip. When trying to book a group reservation, the groups reservation staff member took weeks to respond to email requests. When we called for follow up, they asked to send another email, and so on and so forth.

Upon check out, the housekeeping staff reported that our students broke a lamp in the hotel room, which supposedly cost $50 to replace. Keep in mind that $50 is almost more than the cost of the ENTIRE ROOM. Also, what budget/airport hotel stocks their rooms with $50 lamps?! It was absolutely unnecessary and came off as a desperate ploy to charge unsuspecting students who were hardly in their rooms as they were out working on their service projects all day.

When we tried to speak to the hotel staff and the General Manager by phone, she refused to negate the costs. We tried to tell them that we return to Nicaragua on an annual trip every year, plus with the size of our group (we had 30 students and staff) would be great business for them. In the end, they refused and charged my credit card without my signature or my consent. In summary, this hotel is poorly run and the General Manager clearly does not understand basic business or have any knowledge of customer service.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. If you do stay here, beware of outrageous surcharges!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Esther C
ReservasHex, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel HEX, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience, we are working every day to improve, we hope to serve you again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

During my vacation in Nicaragua I stayed at Hotel Hex -- about 15 minutes from the airport. The staff was very friendly (Roberto, Paola, Ismael, Ligia and Ludder) -- always courteous and willing to help. The only exception was the attendant in the dinning room, although polite and professional, he never offered a smile. My room was simple but with modern fixtures and definitely clean; the bed was very comfortable. The bar area was the best – it is next to the pool; Ismael, the bartender, always made me laugh and feel welcome.

I will definitely stay at this place again. It is not a 5-star hotel but the staff will make you feel like you are in one.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank beto6700
Maria M, Public Relations Manager at Hotel HEX, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hotel Hex team appreciates your stay we hope to have filled your expectations. We look forward to welcome you again and improve your experience in Nicaragua. See you soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

After a month in Nicaragua and a very bad first first night in MGA at a hostel, we just wanted something nice and easy. For 79$ for a hotel and shuttle this is so so so so worth the money. Sure its expensive for nicaragua, but that is because it is a western standard hotel. The rooms are quiet and clean with hot water and air conditioning. The whole room was just really really nice and it felt good to be there. It is literally right beside a huge mall so anything you need you can get. I didn't use the hotel restaurant or facilities, but the room was great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank j123456123

Hotel Hex team appreciates your stay we hope to have filled your expectations. We look forward to welcome you again and improve your experience in Nicaragua, See you soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our original plans were to land in Managua, stay for 2 days at the Hotel Hex, and then travel to Rivas to stay in a hotel I really liked. My flight landed late (11:30 at night) and the Hotel Hex's complimentary shuttle was no longer in service (last shuttle is at 11:00 PM). I opted to take a cab which cost around 450 Cordobas (around $20 US). Keep in mind that this is a very expensive cab ride for even Managua's standard (usually around 100 Cordobas for us outsiders) but I just wanted something NOW (it was a long flight with an ugly 8 hour layover in Houston).

Upon arriving at the Hotel (which is only a short drive from the airport) I was thoroughly impressed at the presentation of the exterior. A rather huge well kept grass lot in front of the building, excellent paving, and the building exterior paint was in immaculate condition. The front entrance is an all glass exterior...doors and vestibule walls. The grounds are guarded from trespassers by an armed guard (don't get the wrong idea...it's a rather safe area) who is rather dressed sharply and professionally. Check-In was quite easy...show your passport, etc, and the high-speed complimentary wifi information is given. The staff at the counter is exceptionally professional in both attire and attitude and they certainly have a genuine concern about your comfort.

The elevators are very modern and quick. Ice machine along with an ATM is located on the main lobby near the elevators, and on the other side of the elevators is the restaurant.

Amenities include a swimming pool (exterior) which also doubles as a banquet area at night (events from wedding parties to graduation parties are popular here). There is a staffed bar at the pool with plenty of table seating. There are even change rooms as well as a washroom near the pool. Very well kept and maintained. The exercise room, located on the main floor as well, has one elliptical trainer and two treadmills. WiFi is pretty reliable though you’ll need to log back in once in a while as you can get timed out if not using it.

The rooms have a complimentary electronic safe in which you enter your own code, which was pretty cool. The air conditioning in the rooms is top notch. The televisions are wall mounted LED units, with a very good channel selection. The rooms have a desk and chair, though a mini bar fridge would have been a nice touch (if I had to be picky). The bed….oh the bed….it was soooo comfortable! I use a high end memory foam mattress at home and every night I slept in the hotel’s bed my sleeps were restful. The linens are changed daily and professionally made. The shower actually had hot water and had not run out on me. Complimentary toiletries were more than adequate and typical of most hotels. In all, very clean and well kept rooms. The maids provided a stellar service and were always available for assistance, always had a bright smile and friendly greetings when passing them in the hallway. The impression I had was the staff genuinely enjoy working here, which was rather nice to see! You may want to pick a north facing room, however, as the nights can get pretty loud when the south facing pool area is used for events.

The restaurant has a complimentary breakfast, which is mostly tradition Nicaraguan fare (Gallo Pinto, Maduro, eggs, etc) which is actually quite tasty and very well presented in a buffet concept. However I had not taken advantage of eating there for lunch or dinner, nor did I use the room service that was available.

If you enjoy shopping, there is a large shopping mall located to the south of the hotel which is only about a minute walk (Multicentros las Americas). A great place to drink and even catch some live entertainment is the casino located in the mall (and the prices are actually quite inexpensive in relation…a beer is about 90 cents Canadian). Table service can be a little slow so sitting at the bar is a better option if you are travelling solo or with a partner).

Would I return back to the Hotel Hex? Oh, without any doubt! I actually look very forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: North facing rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Slaughterhouse

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here for three days only. Staff is good and speaks multiple languages. Rooms are very clean and comfortable.They do have a "restaurant area" but it's more like a regular room with tables. No Bar inside, but the pool area has a nice one with (loud) music at times.
Many guests from the USA and Europe are staying here.
I felt save and welcome at all times. There is a shopping Mall in walking distance ( 1 min.) and it is very good. There is also a grocery store in the same complex. All you need and then some.
My first choice hotel.

Room Tip: Always close to a stairwell. Safer in third world countries in case of a power outage.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business