“Poor service”

Contempo Hotel Boutique
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Managua
“Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked 2 nights at Hotel Contempo. The first night in Managua went well, the shuttle service was timely and the food decent. On our return trip we arrived at the hotel amidst a wedding and had no access to the pool and our room was shaking with the bass from the music until 1 a.m. We were given no information about this before or upon our arrival and multiple guests were at the front desk at midnight demanding something be done. We had been trying to sleep since 9 and the entire staff had a nonchalant, careless attitude that were upset to not be sleeping. we had an early departure the next morning and had to wake at 4 a.m. After much complaining and refusing to accept the 20%, then 50% comp the manager offered, our room was finally comped. If you are looking for rest and relaxation and Sleep, look elsewhere.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Guatemala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I went in some week when the hotel was full, the only room available was the best one. So I took it, the price was more expensive that my budget, but when I saw the room, my eyes just opened and thought "wow this is a nice suite. The sofa was nice, the bed splendid, the desk perfect and the tv was good. The only thing I didn't like it, is the noise in the bathroom for the air-extractor, I think is to loud for my sense, but everything else was perfect. Ahh the pool was nice too and the Jacuzzi. The restaurant was a 5 star, it was inside the place.

Room Tip: I took the #1
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sierrita
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights and loved it. We travel to Nicaragua for vacation once a year so we try to make the best of it and we definitely scored with this one. The hotel was modern and luxurious and yet very affordable, we paid about $110/night with taxes and with breakfast included and this was a non-buffet style breakfast. The waiter at the restaurant was attentive and friendly. We’ll definitely stay there again next year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

It's a very nice and modern hotel in Managua. Great location, secure and safe. The rooms are clean and the staff is very professional. Each room has it's own theme, very personalized. The best I would say is the restaurant Azul inside the hotel. The food is just amazing!! Everyone was very nice and attentive. I would definitely go back to Contempo!! Actually, I can't wait :D

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tamara V
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is my second trip here. At first I was at the Intercontinental -- indifferent service for a whole lot more. Here, everything works, the staff are kind and competent and eager to help. I recommend this hotel for all.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was well appointed as were the rooms. The room was very spacious, including the bathroom with beautiful travertine tiles. Best pf all was the service, especially the concierge. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We used this hotel for one night at the end of our adventure, before a morning flight. For that purpose it was perfect, clean, quiet and friendly and with a good on-site restaurant. They provide free/safe airport transfer and the trip was not too long. It is in what seems to be an upscale residential neighborhood and we felt safe taking a short walk, but all the homes are behind high security fences. The hotel has a very small pool and hot tub in a pleasant, but not spectacular, outdoor courtyard. The restaurant is very modern and cafeteria-like (unfortunately having a TV going really ruins any ambiance for me), but the food was good. Our room was small, very clean and a bit strange - like someone trying for "boutique hotel" who had never really seen one. But it had a working safe and the bed was comfortable. There was a very fancy wedding going on the night we were there, which makes me think it may actually be very good by Managua standards - nothing with which to compare it, but certainly nothing like as nice as the hotels we stayed in at Granada and San Juan del Sur.

Room Tip: strangely our room had no outside windows, so ask if that is important to you.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple